Squeeky bino harness

Matt G.

WKR
Anyone have issue with squeeky noise when putting binos in and out of harness. i think it is the metal hinge rubbing on the fleece. i have a medium marsupial with 8.5x42 els. thanks.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
This is funny because I just recently started having this issue with my Kuiu harness. Never had an issue with it before and had to pull the the extra pads out to eliminate the problem. The only thing I can think of is that I washed the harness and somehow, it either shrank slightly or the detergent made the felt lining more squeeky.

fatlander

WKR
It’s probably dirty. My marsupial develops that noise with my SLCs about twice a year. I give it a bath, and I’m good to go for another 6 months or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
We were talking sbout this in the Marsupial thread. I put self adhesive felt on my barrels and it worked, but another member said to wrap binos in a t-shirt and put them in to stretch a bit. Said that worked too.

Wheels

WKR
My Kuiu harness squeaks if I’m not careful putting the binos into it. Kind of a pain.
There was a thread last week about the same issues, consensus was the more broken in the case is, the less squeaky it is.

OP
Matt G.

Matt G.

WKR
I stuffed the case with a softball and some damp cloth in hopes to stretch it a little bit. I will report back. It was pretty clean. I was using the case with my tree saddle and probably was little tighter on chest or different position vs on the ground. I checked today while I was on ground and I had to intentionally try to squeak it but could do it pending on the angle putting them back in case.

OP
Matt G.

Matt G.

WKR
that seemed to do the trick. binos just fall right in with no resistance. hopefully not too loose now.

OP
Matt G.

Matt G.

WKR
nevermind. case returned back and back to sqeeking

Anyone have issue with squeeky noise when putting binos in and out of harness. i think it is the metal hinge rubbing on the fleece. i have a medium marsupial with 8.5x42 els. thanks.

Mine started squeaking after a couple months and I have not found a remedy… my solution will be buying an OV gen 2

The marsupial is a great harness, but I think some bino armors are just prone to squeak in that fleece (I’m using 12x42 NL in a medium marsupial, not too tight, just squeaky

OP
Matt G.

Matt G.

WKR
yah i like the design... i sent marsupial an email about it. i am not going to silence tape the bino. i may just use RY style for now since tree stand hunting.