St Vincent island ferry or shuttle?

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
A buddy and I where lucky enough to get tags for Florida’s sambar deer hunt. We will be coming from Michigan. Anyone know of a shuttle or a ferry that will transport across to the island?

Possibly anyone on here have availability for 2 to the island?

KHNC

WKR
My buddy Brent drew this year. He Lives in Florida. I have 4 points but i havent applied since the hurricane screwed things up that year. May have lost them. I do know there are people for hire to haul you to the island. Dont know specifics tho. I was gonna use my own boat.

OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
I was hoping there was, I called st Vincent island shuttle. First googled shuttle service that came up, but they don’t transport for the hunt they said.

StorMay05

FNG
When I’ve gone there’s always a few local fishing charters shuttling guys out. May have better luck looking at those.

Ammo29

FNG
We camped in Cape San Blas (beautiful) and took the St Vincent Island Shuttle to the Island. The "captain" was pretty friendly, but not super helpful when he dropped us off on the island. The shuttle is $10 per person or $25 per person if you rent one of their bikes. We thought that $15 to rent a bike was a little expensive, but figured it would be a nice way to see the island. We were given a simple map of the unpaved roads and paths on the island. It really a nightmare .

Kilboars

WKR
Good luck. I’ve always want to hunt it but always hear horror stories.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best I would say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kilboars

WKR
All the rules they make you follow.
I think you can only hunt till 3pm
All Camping is in one area. Hard to get there and then get around the island. Just sounded like they’re making it harder than it has to be.

I heard the fishing was good though.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Yeah, there are a lot of rules. Got to where it was just too much for me to keep applying.
Never hunted the Island but have boated over. My son refers to it as "Death Trap Island".

OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
We camped in Cape San Blas (beautiful) and took the St Vincent Island Shuttle to the Island. The "captain" was pretty friendly, but not super helpful when he dropped us off on the island. The shuttle is $10 per person or $25 per person if you rent one of their bikes. We thought that $15 to rent a bike was a little expensive, but figured it would be a nice way to see the island. We were given a simple map of the unpaved roads and paths on the island. It really a nightmare .
I called the shuttle and they told me they wouldn’t shuttle for the hunt

OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
All the rules they make you follow.
I think you can only hunt till 3pm
All Camping is in one area. Hard to get there and then get around the island. Just sounded like they’re making it harder than it has to be.

I heard the fishing was good though.

Yeah iv notice lot of rules but there is camping in two spots one on each end

OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
What size boats are people using to get across to the island?

semasko

FNG
I know several people who canoed / kayaked to it from the west side. It's only 1800 feet.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
You’ll need to hire a local to ferry you across. Take a bike. How long are you staying? Have you primitive camped for however long you are staying?

Last edited:
OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
You’ll need to hire a local to ferry you across. Take a bike. How long are you staying? Have you primitive camped for however long you are staying?
Yeah I found a fishing charter that is going to ferry us across. Also have done plenty of primitive camping weeks at a time so not to concerned about that.

OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
It’s an easy kayak trip across to the island. Been there but never hunted it!
I thought about kayaking across except for the fact if we are blessed to get one. Getting it back across would be difficult.

OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
Is the two camping spots new? when I was applying you could only camp on the east end.
The farthest away from the mainland, which was stupid.
There one in both ends Indian pass and then west pass which is odd being on the east side

FLATHEAD

WKR
I thought about kayaking across except for the fact if we are blessed to get one. Getting it back across would be difficult.
I thought about it myself.
Paddle over with a spare Yak.
Would be good for getting camp gear over in the beginning.
Might have to make a couple trips if you killed, coming back.