Stabilizer recommendation

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I started learning to shoot a bow several years ago, but ended up taking a break the last 18 months due to an injury. Looking to get back into it, and have scheduled my bowhunter Ed course at the beginning of June. I shoot a bowtech equalizer with an ATA of 33.25". I have a pretty short length of pull, 24" if I remember correctly. I am currently shooting at 40# draw weight, with the option to increase to 50# down the road. I am pleased with my current bow set up, but think I could benefit from a stabilizer and have no idea where to start, anybody have any opinions or advice?

B stinger! 12 inch rod with whatever weight on the front you feel most comfortable. B stingers are the real deal. They will tighten up you groups. The idea being the longer the better and the more weight the better

Last edited:

bowhnter7

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with Justin about Bstinger but not necessarily the 12" part.

With you and your set up I would look more towards an 8"er with 4oz weight. I would also suggest you look at their new Sport Hunter Xtreme line. It comes in 6, 8 and 10" with 3 oz of weight.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Anything that has the weight out at the end to help stabilize. I have a 7" Octane with two end weights that works well.

I'll second this statement... Almost anything with weight at the end will help, with that said, I'll be using a 12" B-Stinger "Pro/Sport Hunter Xtreme with somewhere between 4 and 8oz on the end...

Elk_Addict23

Lil-Rokslider
B stinger! 12 inch rod with whatever weight on the front you feel most comfortable. B stingers are the real deal. They will tighten up you groups

+1 with what Justin is saying....I currently have switched to a 12" B-Stinger with 4 oz out front and has helped with my groups from 50-70 yards tremendously!

cmeier117

WKR
I really want to try a B-stinger! So a 12 inch apposed to a 8 inch will stabilize better because it is further out there?

pronghorn

FNG
I agree with Justin about Bstinger but not necessarily the 12" part.

With you and your set up I would look more towards an 8"er with 4oz weight. I would also suggest you look at their new Sport Hunter Xtreme line. It comes in 6, 8 and 10" with 3 oz of weight.
I agree completely! They have a light weight and very stiff rod and adjustable weights on the end to customize it to fit your set up.

J-Daddy

WKR
Check out the Vendetta Enforcer too....I've shot B-Stingers for years but this year I'm gonna shoot the Vendetta Enforcer, really cool stabilizer.

cmeier117

WKR
Check out the Vendetta Enforcer too....I've shot B-Stingers for years but this year I'm gonna shoot the Vendetta Enforcer, really cool stabilizer.

That thing looks really cool and like it would work well too! What length are you getting?

J-Daddy

WKR
I've got the 12" model...Thing I like about it is that I can take weight off the side of the stabilizer or add weight to the other side to help balance out the weight of the sight, rest & quiver. That's one issue with a B-Stinger, if the bow doesn't balance from left to right there's not alot you can do besides add a back bar...With the Enforcer you can play with the weights to balance it.

Gman

WKR
So you guys really run 12" stabilizers when out hunting or just when practicing and competing? Seems like having a 12" stabilizer shooting off the end of your bow when moving through the woods would hang up and stuff. I don't have a stabilizer but have always been curious about 'em.

vcb

WKR
no not at all. I shoot a b stinger and it holds the bow great during and after the shot. It also makes for a great handle when carrying your bow. Do dudes really carry thier bow by the string?

Lawnboi

WKR
Ill gladly carry the weight my stinger takes. Iv got an 8.5 11oz. With a Quick disconnect it comes in at 10 inches. Id like a little less weight on my vector turbo so im going to play around with a few of thier different weights.

JG358

WKR
Guess I'm the odd man out, I didn't see any difference using a stinger. I went back to a 7" doinker A-bomb. Didn't see the point paying hundreds to shave ounces off my pack to turn around and throw an extra half pound on my bow.

I am a big B-Stinger fan as well!! I did run the FUSE carbon blade hunter 10" last year it has a little weight on the end and you can add it in 1 oz increments. The Sport Hunter Xtreme Series from B Stinger this year is GREAT!!! 6, 8, 10 inch lengths that come with a limbsaver dampener and 3 oz on the end and you can put more on if you need/choose. I would test as many as you can put on your bow if you can though. Find out what works best for you and the bow.