Stabilizers

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to switch back from the quivalizer to a regular stab/ quiver set up. What do you guys recommend. Also considering a back bar because my bow already wants to lean a little without a quiver. I am thinking a 10-12” stab should be plenty for me. Thoughts?

Do you have a friend that shoots with a back bar? that'd prob be your best bet to try before you buy. It's pretty much trial and error to know if it works for you and your style of hunting. Or if you have a shop/range that has some you can try maybe if you buy from them if you like that'd be another option. Or if looking to jump right into I'd look used on eBay or archery talk before buying new because often if you don't like you can sell for what you purchased. I shoot 10 up front with 1 ounce and 5oz out back on an 8inch stab with a vbar. I wouldn't go shorter than 10/8 I just picked up a 12/10 to see if it gets even better. I started with a 3/1back to front ratio, 4oz back,2 up front before settling on my setup. There's some good videos out there from pros {Levi Morgan has a good one) on how to setup but I've always drawn with my eyes closed, anchored and then see where I was at on the target. If I was holding low I'd add weight to the back, holding high I'd add weight to the front. If your bubble leans one way cant the back bar further away from the riser and vice versa you get the point. Can also shoot groups and take notes to fine tune, use whatever groups the best. Some guys complain about carrying the extra weight on their bow but it is way more stable (especially in wind) pinfloat for me so I don't mind it.

I recommend a 12” stabilizer with a 8” backbar this has helped my bow a lot, it takes some playing around with the weights until it holds the way you like.

Any thoughts on this CBE Torx Hunting Stabilizer Kit, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FB3Q19C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_N65BVPYNN63TTEZJB6ZT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Vs maybe a bee stinger vs something else
I tried out that exact kit a little while ago and did not like it at all. Perfectly functional, but all of the components felt very cheaply made and the back bar mount was very heavy. The whole kit felt too heavy to me as well, and added too much weight to the bow.

I'm using a 15" Beestinger Counterslide w/ the dovetail mount now and have no complaints. The bar itself and the mount are reasonably light, and I have 4oz on each end of the bar. Balances out the bow really well, and does an okay job of slowing down pin float; the way I have mine set up the front end of the stab sticks out about 10" in front of the bow.

OP
Bcoonce117

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
I tried out that exact kit a little while ago and did not like it at all. Perfectly functional, but all of the components felt very cheaply made and the back bar mount was very heavy. The whole kit felt too heavy to me as well, and added too much weight to the bow.

I'm using a 15" Beestinger Counterslide w/ the dovetail mount now and have no complaints. The bar itself and the mount are reasonably light, and I have 4oz on each end of the bar. Balances out the bow really well, and does an okay job of slowing down pin float; the way I have mine set up the front end of the stab sticks out about 10" in front of the bow.
Thank you. I was looking at stabilizers and Stumbled upon that one. It seemed to good to be true, but was hoping I could save some money if it turned out to be pretty good

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Dead Center Verge Lite kit last season. I think it's a 12" front and 8" off the back down low. It made a huge difference in balance and stability but didn't add a ton of overall weight to the bow.

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Stinger 10.8 Front/Back and it’s SO HEAVY. I love it to shoot in the back yard or at the range but after pumping that thing for a mile you can feel it. Food for thought, I didn’t think about about stab weight when I spent the money.

B-Stinger 10/8. My setup is pretty heavy overall, but I have really played with weights and angles to minimize. I like mine. Ive run the same setup on the last two bows, although my rig is getting a bit long in the tooth. Glad you found a setup.

Attachments

• Alloy.jpg
    Alloy.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 39

BSLugnut

FNG
I really like Stokerized stabilizers, have been shooting them on my bows for years.
For my western bow, I use the Stokerized Carbon Stasis 15" w/ Quick Disconnect. It has balanced the bow well, and reliably stays in position to maintain the balance of the bow.

AkRyan

WKR
I highly recommend looking at sliding side bars. I have spent way to much time and money playing with front bars and back bars. I found that I was fighting the quiver weight (side to side) more that anything else. Got a stokerized ss one side bar and without even adjusting it I'm at perfect balance at full draw per my sight bubble.

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
You can also put an offset on your front stabilizer to help counteract. I have a 10* QD on my hunting bows so I don't need a backbar.

OutdoorAg

WKR
Quick note for those of you playing with stabilizers…

I’ve found that I like a back bar by itself. No front stab. Weight in the back feels natural

HeadnWest

WKR
Check out TAP stabilizers. I have a 10 inch DOA on my front and a 6 1/2 in on the back.

Sam, the owner, is very active on his facebook page and gives out his number for anyone to call and ask questions.