Stablilizer location

Gman

WKR
The other thread got me thinking and didn't want to derail that one so I'm starting this one.

Where do most of you position your stabilizer? Centered in the stabilizer threads on the bow? Or do you use an offset? If using an offset which side do you typically off set to and what types of angles have you found beneficial. Also if you had a problem the stablizer fixed can you describe it and then the position and other stabilizer factors that fixed it?

I use an offset but not sure what it's doing or not doing for me. :)

mg

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I always run offset or a V-Bar on the opposite side of the quiver. Adjust the offset and or weight on the stabilizer that's offset until the bow balances left/right.

This helps you maintain a relaxed hand and is a big help in keeping the bow/sight bubble level without having to add torque to do so. Just swap your offset to the other side and you'll notice how much harder this is with an unbalanced bow.

DC

Craig4791

WKR
I'm running an offset bar. I just draw with my eyes closed and open them and see how close I am then just keep adjusting until I get real close.

PhillyB

WKR
I run an offset as well.

The position of mine is based on the follow through after the arrow is released. For me, I offset it to the opposite side of my quiver to counteract the weight of my quiver with arrows. I want to make sure the bow falls straight forward after the release meaning it is balanced. No falling off to one side or the other.

I run an offset as well.

The position of mine is based on the follow through after the arrow is released. For me, I offset it to the opposite side of my quiver to counteract the weight of my quiver with arrows. I want to make sure the bow falls straight forward after the release meaning it is balanced. No falling off to one side or the other.

Do you shoot a Mathews? I see that trend with those bows. Is it a grip angle thing or a habit? It seems like it would require muscles to make the bow do that since most of the weight is behind your grip (unless your bow is newer). To me this practice is a conscience effort and when does your body do it; right before the shot, right at the shot or right after? No offense, just trying to understand.

PhillyB

WKR
Do you shoot a Mathews? I see that trend with those bows. Is it a grip angle thing or a habit? It seems like it would require muscles to make the bow do that since most of the weight is behind your grip (unless your bow is newer). To me this practice is a conscience effort and when does your body do it; right before the shot, right at the shot or right after? No offense, just trying to understand.

None taken : )

I shoot with my had in a "v" with the bow resting in the crook between my pointer and thumb. My hand is flat, parallel to the ground. I dont close my hand after the shot and let the bow fall forward. This makes it so I cannot torque the bow at all. It is simply 'resting' in the crook of my hand. I position the stab offset to my left so the weight offsets and the bow falls forward. I try to remain as rigid as possible through my hand, arm and shoulder, so the bow is sitting in groove and not being held. When I shoot the bow falls straight forward and my hand, arm and shoulder dont move... my release arm goes straight back

It is hard to explain through words and as I re-read it sounds kinda goofy. This is the only way I have been able to keep the same form and produce consistent results

I dont own a Mathews. I shot this way with my Alphamax and have used the same setup on my new Elite Hunter. To me it makes sense to have the bow follow the same plane and direction of the arrow leaving the bow. I am by no means a pro, this is just my personal opinion.

vcb

WKR
Yup b stinger offset bracket. Works well because you can choose your angle of offset