Stag Arms

Waiting on a upper, any one shooting one of these, the rifle is in 6.5 creedmore, 22 in. heavey barrel 1 in 8 twist planing on load development with 140 Hornadys around 2700 f.p.s. built the lower it is also a stag arms with a CCGM drop in trigger. Was going to go with a Bear Creek rifle but while doing research decided on the Stag Arms.

I have an older one In 556. Reliable mid grade AR for a decent price. These days, TBH, unless you go top shelf, I think most decent brands are going to be fine.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had a super varminter for years......super accurate and its been trouble free.
I'm a lefty so it's a great company to deal with.

Randy

OP
L
I also shoot left handed but while gathering the parts for a lower build, decided to go with a right hand version, decided if I ever wanted to sell it there would be a better market, that being said there may be a lefty upper in .308 down the road. I have always shot the right hand ARs without any problems with the exception of a piece of brass down the shirt one in a while. 😉

No experience with their large frame stuff but Stag is super solid especially for the money. They’re the retail arm of CMT who makes parts and receivers for a lot of builders and is known for great machining.

OP
L
Upper is on the way should be here friday, put the lower together, mount the glass and off to the range hopefully Sat.