Stainless Steel Outsert Options Needed

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
I am currently shooting Black Eagle Deep Impact arrows. I have shot them for probably 6-7 years and love the arrow. I have also been shooting their original 68 grain outsert. I tried their new FOCUS outsert but it is too damn long and heavy for what I want.

Black Eagle discontinued their 68 grn stainless outserts.

I am looking for other alternatives in that are either stainless or titanium that weigh 65-75 grains. I have looked at Valkyrie, Nexxus, Ethics and Victory but have not been able to find anything that will work.

I am hoping that someone here on Rokslide has some options.

OP
cvanman

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
Ethics archery makes some. They are nice
I was having a hard time figuring out their outsert weights. when you go to their website, you see an A, B, C and D option. the stainless sleeve weighs 70 grains and the post weighs 40 gn for the aluminum and the stainless weighs 110 grn. add up the 70 grain sleeve and the post and you are well above the desired outsert 75 grain weight that I want. But when you go to order they have a 75 - 135 grain option. Wayyyyy too confusing.

I am currently shooting Black Eagle Deep Impact arrows. I have shot them for probably 6-7 years and love the arrow. I have also been shooting their original 68 grain outsert. I tried their new FOCUS outsert but it is too damn long and heavy for what I want.

I am looking for other alternatives in that are either stainless or titanium that weigh 65-75 grains. I have looked at Valkyrie, Nexxus, Ethics and Victory but have not been able to find anything that will work.

I se the ethics SS on my XImpacts and have not had any issues with them. I agree, they are awfully long. If the Snyder core system wasn't so expensive with Iron Will I would go for the HIT's 100%.

I was having a hard time figuring out their outsert weights. when you go to their website, you see an A, B, C and D option. the stainless sleeve weighs 70 grains and the post weighs 40 gn for the aluminum and the stainless weighs 110 grn. add up the 70 grain sleeve and the post and you are well above the desired outsert 75 grain weight that I want. But when you go to order they have a 75 - 135 grain option. Wayyyyy too confusing.

You would want the SS outsert and AL insert post for 70g.

4fletch

Lil-Rokslider

Easton half outs ss are 75 grains. Im not sure they come in a size that fits. Ive only used the ones for 5mm.

Day Six's insert/collar system might be an option depending on the OD of your Deep Impacts. I don't see an exact OD match between Day Six and Deep Impact shafts, but there might be a combination close enough to make the collars work. If so, you could use a titanium insert and aluminum collar (or vice versa) for a combined 75 gr.
Screenshot_20211028-224157_Sheets.jpg

4fletch

Lil-Rokslider
His Deep Impacts are a 4mm shaft, Easton 75 grain half outs are for 5mm shafts.
They make a #1 and a #2 version of the ss half out. The #2 i believe is what i used in 5mm. The #1 im not sure.

(edit) The 4mm half outs are titanium and are 55g

4fletch

Lil-Rokslider
They make a #1 and a #2 version of the ss half out. The #2 i believe is what i used in 5mm. The #1 im not sure.

Those are both for the .204 (5mm arrow).
Yeah interior for spine differences i was just reading that. The titanium are for 4mm. Ive had no issues with the 4mm aluminum that come with the long range. I like the fact they recess.

cured_ham

WKR
I have been shooting Valkyrie and SnyderCore on 4mm shafts and they are phenomenal. Not even in the same zipcode as Ethics