StairMaster Hiit Mill X

CJF

WKR
After Joe and Aaron talked about this machine on the podcast I was intrigued. Does anyone here have experience with one? How does it compare to other machines (treadmills, stair climbers, ect.)?

MojoTX

Lil-Rokslider
I also heard this on the podcast. After a little digging I think you could get the same benefit with a cheap manual treadmill and some dumbbells and/or your pack. The weight capacity seems to be limited on the $100 treads, but even with the beefier more expensive ones, you will be at a fraction of the cost of this contraption.

Reactions: CJF

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
Our gym received one of these a few years back to test out for a few months. Yes, it is a great workout, but CaseyL26 is right, you can get the exact same results with a decent treadmill and some dumbells for a fraction of the cost.

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
Where I work out has a couple. They are cool, but they are very expensive, are set at one incline (I think) and there is no belt drive. You basically set the speed with a tension lever. Treadmill with a good inclince and some dumbells is a better investment imo.
But the way the farmers carry is set up (fixed point and a little leverage) on the HIIT Mill allows you to carry more weight= you look way cooler, which is important though.

In all seriousness I used it a lot when they first got it. I prefer the stair mill and the Freemotion Inclince trainer that goes to 30% incline. You can do everything on that you can on the HIIT Mill plus run, change incline, change speed etc. I Don’t hardly use the HIIT Mill anymore after the arrival of that incline trainer.

Overpriced by a long shot, but still one of my favorites. The resistance is a feature that's hard to find on other self powered treadmills. And there's a sled push feature that's also a hell of a go. If you can weld, build it for 1/3 the price, but the premise is good.