Stalker Stickbows????

Beendare

WKR
It'll be limb tip vibration.
Yeah, you are dead on.

It's the same old question- Performance vs noise....and in this case for me....My Uukha Selenghas on my Dryad riser is dead silent...and pretty darn good performance so I'm going to stick with that for now.

I do really like the feel of those borders especially the steady pull at FD with no stacking.

ozyclint

WKR
So I get to keep my left nut. :D

Yeah the feel of the draw is something to behold. When I shoot someone else's 'normal' bow it feels like it stacks. I love the early weight of the Border draw.
I have never shot a CH and would love to one day. The Ghille Dhu is another bow that looks amazing and appeals to me.

sneaky

"DADDY"
View attachment 588916

If I can get this bad boy quiet, I would hunt with it. First time owning these Borders. Smoothest drawing limbs I’ve ever shot….and fast as hell…but a tad noisy.
First session with them…..its too close to hunt season to switch my setups….
Put some thin moleskin between the limb butts and riser. Annoy the trad police by putting limbsavers on the limbs, that gets them worked up in a hurry but they're effective lol.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Yeah,
I always do the limb pocket paddings, along with little silicone chunks in the gap between limb bolt and detent….and I wrap the ends of the string with wool.
They still have a little after shot vibration with a 9 or 10 gpp arrow.

All of the guys I see shooting Borders have those limbsavers so it must be needed.

I will dink around with them after hunt season.

Fling-One

FNG
Just ordered a 62” jackal FXT with acs limbs off the website. It’s 44@28 which is lighter than I’m used to, it will be interesting to see how I shoot the lighter weight. I’m going to setup with a 20yard fixed crawl. Excited to get this bow in and get it tuned up.

Congrats on the stalker. You will love it. My jackal with acs is 48 pounds compared to my regular jackal at 54 pounds With the ACS limbs I had to reprogram my brain a little. It kept shooting high. So it’s a little quicker. I got her figured out now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive owned a couple of stalker stickbows. The first was a coyote recurve which was absolutely beautiful and shot great but I sold it because I became more of a longbow shooter. The second one was a Stalker Jackal with the ACS limbs but I felt like it stacked a lot at my drawlength. I am usually a 62in bow w/29inch draw but it was not comfortable for me which I why I sold it. But he makes some of the most beautiful bows you can find.

So I get to keep my left nut. :D

Yeah the feel of the draw is something to behold. When I shoot someone else's 'normal' bow it feels like it stacks. I love the early weight of the Border draw.
I have never shot a CH and would love to one day. The Ghille Dhu is another bow that looks amazing and appeals to me.
I bought a set of Morrison max6’s a few years ago and loved everything about them but they were so fickle to get dialed in

I want to revisit super curves again, but feel like I wasn’t ready for them at the time, I think I was the variable but couldn’t figure out what I needed to fix

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a set of Morrison max6’s a few years ago and loved everything about them but they were so fickle to get dialed in

I want to revisit super curves again, but feel like I wasn’t ready for them at the time, I think I was the variable but couldn’t figure out what I needed to fix
I had the exact same experience.. I wanted a boringly consistent setup after I sold the max6’s.

shamus275

FNG
I’ve had five Stalkers in the last 10yrs. First was a used Wolverine FXT which I shouldn’t have sold. Second was a Coyote XT with a really high grip that I hated and sold. Third was a Coyote ACS longbow which had a better grip that I still didn’t like and I could never get rid of the vibration and couldn’t get it to shoot quietly no matter what I tried. I currently have two Jackal SL’s, one in 40 and one in 45. South is currently making me another set of limbs that I should be getting here shortly. My next one will probably be….a Coyote FXT longbow, non ACS with the Clum 3.0 grip. So I love Stalker to say the least.

TX_Diver

WKR
I’ve had five Stalkers in the last 10yrs. First was a used Wolverine FXT which I shouldn’t have sold. Second was a Coyote XT with a really high grip that I hated and sold. Third was a Coyote ACS longbow which had a better grip that I still didn’t like and I could never get rid of the vibration and couldn’t get it to shoot quietly no matter what I tried. I currently have two Jackal SL’s, one in 40 and one in 45. South is currently making me another set of limbs that I should be getting here shortly. My next one will probably be….a Coyote FXT longbow, non ACS with the Clum 3.0 grip. So I love Stalker to say the least.
Let’s see some pics!! I am still liking my P2P from RMS gear made by stalker.

👍👍

shamus275

FNG
Let’s see some pics!! I am still liking my P2P from RMS gear made by stalker.

👍👍
I don't like the glamour shots unless its a really fancy bow which the SL's are not. I'm also interested in the P2P but I'm waiting for the 17" walnut versions to show up on the website.

TX_Diver

WKR
I don't like the glamour shots unless its a really fancy bow which the SL's are not. I'm also interested in the P2P but I'm waiting for the 17" walnut versions to show up on the website.

I actually talked to Tom last weekend and he said they sell pretty quick online and in the shop. Might be worth calling and seeing if there's any in the shop not online or when the next batch is coming in.

I originally thought I wanted walnut but after seeing them side by side in the shop I grabbed Bocote. Glad I did as it's got some cool grain and I have walnut on my longbow already. Walnut does look good though so I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

shamus275

FNG
I actually talked to Tom last weekend and he said they sell pretty quick online and in the shop. Might be worth calling and seeing if there's any in the shop not online or when the next batch is coming in.

I originally thought I wanted walnut but after seeing them side by side in the shop I grabbed Bocote. Glad I did as it's got some cool grain and I have walnut on my longbow already. Walnut does look good though so I don't think you'll go wrong either way.
Welp...knowing that RMS posts new/used bows on Friday I thought, "Lets see if I can score a P2P" and what do I see? A Stalker Coyote FXT ACS longbow for a good price! I already know I'll be sending this back to South for a grip reshape and maybe a weight reduction but we'll see once it arrives next week. Now I gotta make sure the wife doesn't have a day off when it shows up!