Stalker Stickbows????

my next bow will likely be a stalker. i will need to call him when i get serious and talk grips.... it is a pretty big deal on a trad bow (at least for me)

sneaky

"DADDY"
my next bow will likely be a stalker. i will need to call him when i get serious and talk grips.... it is a pretty big deal on a trad bow (at least for me)
If you have a grip you like already, he'll duplicate it on one you get from him. Win win.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
That’s what I am going to do, eventually. I have a 17 inch Morrison riser that has the perfect grip.

if Bob Morrison wouldn’t have sold the company I would just have him make me a 19 inch riser.

If if if lol. But guess what? He did . At least you have options. Bob made some nice bows.

Beendare

WKR
If if if lol. But guess what? He did . At least you have options. Bob made some nice bows.

Yea, Ha....well you Stalker Stickbow guys cost me some dough......I just pulled the trigger on a 19" ILF riser by South.

Its going to be a few months.....so I have time deciding on the woods.....I'm thinking dark flare, Zircote or Maccasser Ebony and Bocote on the balance.

So many good combinations...I really can't go wrong....
Just look at these beauties in Souths Gallery
GALLERY LINK

______

Last edited:
Yea, Ha....well you Stryker guys cost me some dough......I just pulled the trigger on a 19" ILF riser by South.

Its going to be a few months.....so I have time deciding on the woods.....I'm thinking dark flare, Zircote or Maccasser Ebony and Bocote on the balance.

So many good combinations...I really can't go wrong....
Just look at these beauties in Souths Gallery
STRYKER GALLERY LINK

______

Stalker??

Bruce your shoulder might not be the only thing going with age.

Or am I missing something?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Dang I get those dang names mixed up constantly....I edited it it out of respect for Stalker

Maybe once I finally have one....I can keep them straight!

____
So, did you order a Stryker or a Stalker? it may be chef's surprise when you get it!

d23e62054fa0cb03fdfe39865e786492.jpg

My jackal
Ziricote and B&W ebony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Shawn, that is a stunner.... Beautiful bow.

I was happy to hear that South was only 3 to 4 months out.

i talked with him about woods for my riser thinking I want to go a very dark wood for the flare and then lighter woods for the balance. My ILF limbs are typically black carbon so I want something pretty dark in the riser to accent that. Maybe maccasser ebony flare and bocote?

Shawn, that is a stunner.... Beautiful bow.

I was happy to hear that South was only 3 to 4 months out.

i talked with him about woods for my riser thinking I want to go a very dark wood for the flare and then lighter woods for the balance. My ILF limbs are typically black carbon so I want something pretty dark in the riser to accent that. Maybe maccasser ebony flare and bocote?

Thanks for the kind words. That two of my favorite woods. The bocote will turn really really dark with age. That’s why I prefer B&W ebony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
One day I'm going to get another riser done with bastogne walnut and osage. That osage gets better and better the older it gets. Kinda like me I guess .

I shot a Stalker Coyote SL and a Jackal for years. Sold them both a couple of years ago. I just called South today and got my order going on a new Coyote SL with both recurve and long bow limbs. Honestly I have shot a good many bows and there are none I have held that I like more. His are a good bang for the buck and a great performing bow.

Tradguy

FNG
A full build Stalker will be my next bow, South has made me a customer for life and here is why. I had a riser block glued up and ready to be made into a bow by a very good bowyer and friend of mine here in Wichita Ks, John Holzrichter. John sadly passed away from cancer before the bow could be built and it set in my house for two years before I decided to try to do something with it. I called South and asked him if he could use the riser block to build me anything, I sent it off and got a reply that he would be glad to build me a Wolverine with a set of limbs for a price that I still think was way to low for the quality I got back. I love that bow and I will never let it go, it shoots as great as it looks and I take it hunting every chance I get.

R

Richmeister

Question for you guys. I wanted to know from the guys who has or who has had Stalker Stickbow recurve and what you thought of them. Im leaning on making an order with Stalker/South Cox as his work just sticks out to me and want a custom bow. I like the option that they are takedowns and that someday I can have him shave some poundage off the limbs or order new limbs as I get older and can't pull as much. I'm looking at the Wolverine FXT and I don't have the funds to sell an re-buy if I don't like it. My wife won't let this happen. :) So I'm just looking for what people have heard, opinions, who has had one and what do you think?????? I have two longbows and I'm obsessed with this stuff now and am most likely moving 100% traditional. I'm a die hard whitetail and out west mule deer hunter and want a badass recurve to add as my main bow and it has to last a long time. Thanks!!!
Hope you have better luck than I have...!!!
Called and talked with a shop kid for about 15 minutes and he finally told me to talk to South. Got his number, gave him a call and he sounded like he had better things to do than take my order. Said he'd give me a call back and I've never heard back...

Steadman

WKR
South happens to be at a show in Michigan for the next couple days so he's likely very busy. He took his main guy with him as well. Give him a call back early next week. If there's anything I can answer for you about his bows pm me.
Hope you have better luck than I have...!!!
Called and talked with a shop kid for about 15 minutes and he finally told me to talk to South. Got his number, gave him a call and he sounded like he had better things to do than take my order. Said he'd give me a call back and I've never heard back...

I talked to South when I ordered my bow in August 2021. Even talked a little hunting when I asked what hunts he had coming up. I could tell he was really busy but still answered my questions. I understand the busy part when you run a business and answer the phone as well. I do the same thing. I talked to one of his shop guys the next time I returned a phone call from them since they had a few questions to ask me before they built my bow. Very easy to talk to and very friendly. They built a recurve for my daughter and Coyote FXT for me with two sets of longbow limbs. Beautiful bow and I love shooting it! C5961A9A-7CC9-4AE5-8540-762008A6CDBC.jpeg94EC8F20-683A-4C42-A75D-46621302151B.jpegB0F401A8-B127-4274-AE0E-85D2ADDAC638.jpeg

ScottinPA

WKR
I've talked to South a few times at ETAR, great guy.

I'd try to find someone local that has one and shoot it. Another option, see if South will do a try before you buy. Basically if he has a "loaner" bow close to your specs, you pay a fee and he sends the bow for you to try. If you like it, your fee can be transferred to a down payment. If you don't, you're refunded less shipping. I did that with Black Widow and Morrison about 15 years ago but don't know if South does it.

I really do like his bows and they shoot great and looking forward to adding one to my stable some day.

R

Richmeister

South happens to be at a show in Michigan for the next couple days so he's likely very busy. He took his main guy with him as well. Give him a call back early next week. If there's anything I can answer for you about his