Stalker Vortex

Hey everyone, I just placed an order for a Stalker Vortex with longbow limbs. I had his coyote recurve and that was the nicest bow I've ever had but I am more of a longbow guy now and have been shooting my Toelkes for the last couple of years.

I can't find any reviews on the Vortex and tradgang has given me zero replies, lol.
Trying my luck here to see if yall have had any experience.

Thank you.

If no responses try the TRAD Talk site , them gents would know . Along possibly with member BeenThere on here ...

Seeknelk

WKR
I wish I had experience with one! Post your experience once you've had yours for a while. It's probably a pretty new model isn't it? So there may not be much for experiences yet?

LostArra

WKR
South Cox doesn't make any duds so you can count on a nice bow even though it's a new design with the belly mounted limbs.

Congrats on a great bow! I almost pulled the plug and got a vortex with longbow limbs as well but went with a Coyote FXT with longbow limbs instead. Just put my 50# limbs on a few weeks and started bare shaft tuning last night. I was surprised how well it shot a 340 axis vs. a 400. 400 was weak.

We will need pics when you get your bow!

Btaylor

WKR
I too went with the coyote with ACS longbow limbs. Unless it breaks, it will most likely be the last one I ever shoot.

Blasey

FNG
I've go a Vortex with 50lb recurve limbs. Love that bow, smooth draw all the way out to 31 1/4". It shoots 562 grain GT Hunter Pro 340 (11.2gpp) at 173fps. Very happy with the results.

042a24d8299135b28ea0e004ce5ebda2.jpg

I just ordered one this past weekend as well. I went to South's a few years ago when the Vortex was new and he had a lightweight longbow built up but not stained and prettied up. It shot really really well.
I built out a super pretty bow but couldn't see the need to spend another $300 for looks. Went grey action wood and phenolic to match my old Coyote Longbow. And that grey action wood blends in really well in dark timber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blasey

FNG
I have Souths ILF riser- its good…but no Vortex.
I have the 17" Apex riser as well - with 39@28" recurve limbs. It pulls 43.5lb's at my draw length with two turns out from bottom on the limb bolts. That is one of my favorite bows, extremely accurate and I can pull it all day long. That is the bow I set up for ariel archery - shooting disks from my thrower. Had to put it up a couple weeks ago since my Bear bait is out, it's just shy of Grizz minimum draw weight (50lb). (need to practice with hunting bow) But I love that bow!!!

Blasey

FNG
I have the 17" Apex riser as well - with 39@28" recurve limbs. It pulls 43.5lb's at my draw length with two turns out from bottom on the limb bolts. That is one of my favorite bows, extremely accurate and I can pull it all day long. That is the bow I set up for ariel archery - shooting disks from my thrower. Had to put it up a couple weeks ago since my Bear bait is out, it's shy of Grizz minimum draw weight (50lb). (need to practice with hunting bow) But I love that bow!!!
This bow shoots 535gr. hunting arrow (12.44gpp-32.5"BOP-20.77% FOC) @ 31 1/4" DL, 171fps. 25/50 grains extra doesn't make a huge difference at close range fps, but it sure does on trajectory. The Vortex just slings the heavy arrows out there.