Stalking Reds on the Texas Coast

TexAg09

FNG
Howdy everyone,

I just wanted to let y'all know that Texas Backcountry Hunters and Anglers is organizing a trip to fish for redfish Oct 18-20. That time of year is the peak time for reds, so if you didn't draw the tag you wanted or aren't busy with archery season in TX come get after some bull reds. PM me with any questions.

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/texas_coast_kayak_fishing_trip?recruiter_id=439627

https://www.facebook.com/events/679127192519818/?notif_t=plan_user_joined&notif_id=1558381407390614

I'd join (live in Texarkana) but that's prime hunting season for bear in Arkansas, fishing takes a backburner from September to February.

OP
TexAg09

TexAg09

FNG
I'd join (live in Texarkana) but that's prime hunting season for bear in Arkansas, fishing takes a backburner from September to February.

That's understandable (and usually the case for me as well), but you're welcome to join us if you change your mind or if you get your tags filled early.

FlyGuy

WKR
Awesome. I might be down for that. I’m just getting started with kayak fishing for saltwater species. Live in The Woodlands, so primarily targeting Galveston/Freeport area on day trips. I’m pretty terrible at it thus far, so I’d love to fall in with some guys that I can learn from!

Biggest challenge for me is that I drew THREE tags this year. I’m not sure how understanding my wife is going to be about adding in another trip right in the middle! HaHa!

You can’t cheat the mountain

OP
TexAg09

TexAg09

FNG
Awesome. I might be down for that. I’m just getting started with kayak fishing for saltwater species. Live in The Woodlands, so primarily targeting Galveston/Freeport area on day trips. I’m pretty terrible at it thus far, so I’d love to fall in with some guys that I can learn from!

Biggest challenge for me is that I drew THREE tags this year. I’m not sure how understanding my wife is going to be about adding in another trip right in the middle! HaHa!

You can’t cheat the mountain

Geez, save some for the rest of us! Hahaha congrats on the tags! The whole trip is for folks who are brand new to kayak fishing or those who might be a little intimidated by going to the coast alone. There are a few of us who are pretty well experienced. I'm experienced, but not that great of a fisherman by a long shot haha. We have guys going with both conventional tackle and fly rods as well.

OP
TexAg09

TexAg09

FNG
If y'all do end up coming down, and want to hook up with our group my contact info is in the event description on both links I originally posted.

OP
TexAg09

TexAg09

FNG
I just wanted to bump this post because this trip is NEXT MONTH! Right now we have about 20 folks going. It should be a great time getting after some reds with BHA! So if you are interested in joining us please shoot me an email at [email protected]. I plan on emailing the group late next week with final info so everyone has plenty of time to finalize their plans.