Stan Xtinction 2!!

Ac338

WKR
Well I just got my Stan Xtinction 2 web model from Gohunt and I have to say this thing is sweet. The build quality is solid and nothing feels cheap. I only have a few shots through it but I think this will become my primary for hunting. For anyone looking for a new index release I would definitely recommend trying one.

Attachments

• 20200306_120834.jpg
    20200306_120834.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 68

TwoTikkas

WKR
This is on my list of releases to try next time I'm at the pro shop. I haven't upgraded my index release in 25 years.

OP
A

Ac338

WKR
This is on my list of releases to try next time I'm at the pro shop. I haven't upgraded my index release in 25 years.
You'll definitely like it coming from an older one. My carter like mike is sweet to, but honestly so far I like this one better.

TwoTikkas

WKR
Oh definitely. I'm coming from an early production Tru Ball caliper,rope connected to an old Trufire strap. Real sweet. Killed a chit load of deer with that old girl though.

jr8fish

Lil-Rokslider
I got one as well and love it... There is only one issue that I have with it. If I am not very careful and very controlled when I manually let the bow down, the release pops off of my d-loop right toward the end of the cycle. I believe its the shape of the head combined with the hook thats on the same side of head as the trigger. When you apply pressure behind the trigger when letting down that pressure is moving the release such that the d loop slides toward the open part of the hook.

The bow is through the draw cycle so it doesn't dry fire but whatever is going on when it pops off the dloop is causing the arrow to come off the string and tumble forward some.

I don't know if this is from the last little bit of momentum from the string or if the release is rotating when I let down and the hook is actually touching the nock and bumping the arrow off.

I am a very experienced bow hunter and have never had this happen with any other release. That being said this is the first nylon tether release that I have used and the first release with the hook on the same side of the trigger. I have used the rigid stem spot hogg wise guy for the last 7 years.

I have shot a Carter lucky for years. Thinking about trying a Stan. How do they compare for those that have used both?