Start Sheep Hunting

I think about moving to BC frequently...
Vancouver would be easy, just like Seattle North 😆. I’ve been in the military and have moved all over including a couple different countries. Some people just can’t get over the idea of moving. Heck they even speak English in Canada.

Last edited:

tam9492

WKR
Vancouver would be easy, just like Seattle North 😆. I’ve been in the military and have moved all over. Some people just can’t get over the idea of moving. Heck they even speak English in Canada.
Vancouver intrigues me due to immediate access to both the sea and mountains. Certainly not a city dweller, but I could survive in the ‘burbs. Politics also don’t bother me - I feel like I can get along with almost anyone. Mostly looked at mountain towns in eastern BC, though. Would actually love to hear more from folks who live in BC, and even better, folks who moved there from the states. Perhaps for another thread, though...

Vancouver intrigues me due to immediate access to both the sea and mountains. Certainly not a city dweller, but I could survive in the ‘burbs. Politics also don’t bother me - I feel like I can get along with almost anyone. Mostly looked at mountain towns in eastern BC, though. Would actually love to hear more from folks who live in BC, and even better, folks who moved there from the states. Perhaps for another thread, though...
I’m sure there are nice mountain towns. Problem comes with the job market. Bigger urban or suburban areas tend to have more jobs. If you don’t need a job or have one that can live anywhere or is in high demand I am sure there are great places to fit anyone.

lcpaul22

FNG
Being from bc, I think I can answer this. 90% of the Canadian population lives within 100 miles of the US boarder. The lower mainland area (Vancouver and other bordering cities) makes up almost all of the be population. The only cities north of there that have more than 80,000 people are Kelowna, kamloops and prince george. These cities supply outlying areas and have more opportunity for work than their size suggests.

Prince george is located in Central bc while Kelowna and kamloops are in the south east. Bc is a large province and can take two days to drive north to south. Thinhorn sheep are located in the northern areas of the province and rm bighorn are located on the eastern boarder. Californian bighorn are found in the southern central portion. You can find sheep a couple hours from most places. Especially in the okanogan where full curl rams walk around through the suburbs with impunity.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

OP
C

cured_ham

WKR
Could be a great experience if you want to go sheep hunting in beautiful country. Probably a horrible experience if you want to see sheep, let alone get a shot at one.
Sounds like whitetail hunting the mountains around here

Wapiti1

WKR
Sounds like whitetail hunting the mountains around here
It's not that bad. I've done that hunt three times and saw sheep on all of them. Quite a few sheep, just not the right one. It's an experience and the toughest of the options outside of a hike in Chugach sheep hunt.

Jeremy

Dalep

FNG
Any idea how many tickets they sell
For the goat, sheep? Might buy a few tickets, I’m wayyyyyy too late to the game to ever draw a tag in my lifetime
Buy a goat hunt in Alaska. Around 10k and no draw process. Hunt in she’s country and get a beautiful mountain goat