Starter equipment list for a new bow hunter

jKsled

Lil-Rokslider
Man, I feel like the hunting economy has intimidated people too much!

I can PROMISE you don't need all that gear for whitetail. Warmth is the key, everything else is just nice-to-have.
You probably already have winter boots, wear those.
You probably already have warm sweaters and long underwear. I wear sweatpants under my camo for warmth. Throw a camo jacket over the top and you are ready to go.

If you've been shooting this summer, you should know what 20 yards looks like. Don't shoot past 25 and you will be fine. You DON'T need a rangefinder just to hunt. They are nice to have, but bowhunting you rarely have time to range when a deer is walking by. Just pick some trees that will serve as markers to you and pace them off.

There is only so much you can learn online. You need to just go hunt! I have had some fantastic days hiding behind a tree, or tucked behind some grass or brush. Even a treestand or blind isn't necessary. Being quiet, and part of the woods, will let you see many things you would never see otherwise.

Pflum

FNG
Get out there and hunt! All of the gear is nice and fun to play around with, but you actually need very little. In high school me and my buddies did a lot of hunting in jeans and flannel shirts out of cheap/homemade stands. Sometimes just climbing a tree and standing on a big limb. And yes, we occasionally killed deer, even with our hand me down bows, mismatched arrows, and butter knife sharp broadheads. Now I'm not recommending those methods, but it can be done.

You need clothes, a weapon, and the desire to be in the woods. You can gut a deer with a utility knife(ask me how I know). The more you hunt, you will figure out your own style, and figure out what you need and what you don't. Personally I've never felt the need for a range finder while hunting, but a lot of people use them and that's fine.

Get out there, and good luck!

sektr

FNG
As many have said, start with the basics (warm clothes, a knife, stand, and way to kill an animal) and go from there.

I spent way more than I needed for my first season because I'm a gear junkie in everything I do, and it was very unnecessary.