State forums??

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Thought this would be a cool idea as it could be beneficial to members/ non-residents on maybe seasons, regulations and such... And also a place for people to discuss state specific issues or anything else state specific... Yes, no, maybe? Maybe I'm the minority in this, or maybe it's already being worked on or has been discussed and decided against? Idono, just thought I'd throw it out there in case it hadn't already been discussed or is not currently being worked on... :) What do you guys think?

Last edited:

7mag.

WKR
I think it's a cool idea. I'm from Washington, and we don't have the same hunting opportunities as some of the other western states. We can't hunt mulies at 10,000 feet, and we have to choose our weapon when we buy our tags, and so on. I'm not complaining, but it adds a new dimension to back country hunting, like precipitation, heavy cover, shorter seasons, etc. I, being fairly new to back country hunting (I've only been on 3 wilderness hunts) could learn a lot from some more specific information.

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I think there's too many already.

I wouldn't say there's "too many" but I would say there are some that I personally don't see a point for on a site that's dedicated to the backpack/backcountry hunter... Not complainin, just sayin... With that said I think the state forums would be a good addition, and not put them all separate to take up more space on the main forum page, rather just put a tab on the main page and from there you click the state forum you'd like to visit...

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the current format. I enjoy reading the forums from people from all over. Sort of educational for me.

I like the current format. I enjoy reading the forums from people from all over. Sort of educational for me.

X2. For the amount of members here it may polarize people at this point. Need to wait until the site grows and gets really big before you break out the state forums imho.

Mike

dotman

WKR
I think I would be the only one in the KS section :) but hey I bet Evan would come visit now and then.

D

david long

X2. For the amount of members here it may polarize people at this point. Need to wait until the site grows and gets really big before you break out the state forums imho.

Mike
Well said.....agree 100%