State Trust Land New Mexico

Been looking at a few different units in New Mexico for deer. I haven't decided which ones to put in for yet and I seem to continually hear horror stories about land access and ranchers running people off of public ground at gunpoint. So, question is, how does the trust land work? The map on their fish and game website sucks and I've been impressed upon that just because their map says something is public trust or has an easement, that doesn't always mean it's so and it's my ass if I end up on a withdrawn piece of ground because they didn't get their maps updated. Also, a hunting license grants easement, but only with written permission of whoever is leasing the trust land? It's making my brain hurt. Any of y'all have a dumbed down version or know where I can find a decent map that won't get me a trespassing charge (or shot)?

Blackcats06

Lil-Rokslider
Had an antelope tag two years ago. Hunted primarily state with no issues. I never found any info that said the permittee had to grant access. On their website it has a list of land that you don’t need access. I’ve found everything I need I their website. Just not the easiest to find