States that force you to wear mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t understand why people are upset. I view protecting my fellow citizens as a core value. The constitution was established to “promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty” after all. They’re not mutually exclusive principals.

OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
So the states that are doin this is governor dem or rep?

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
WA is. Not alot of enforcement though. I wear mine to the grocery story but notice about 1 in 4 aren't and they aren't being turned away.

MattB

WKR
What happened to the days of "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"? This seems to fall into that category.

As a society, we have become soft and entitled. It's been flipped into "what can my country do for me?" and people invoke personal liberty as some sort of unassailable defense against doing their part.

Here in Santa Clara County, CA masks are required to be worn inside businesses where people cannot maintain a 6 foot distance and in ride shares.

Masks are mandated inside of buildings here in Anchorage. I find the whole thing disturbing for a number of reasons but I'm entirely befuddled as to why so many people accept the notion that they have any net benefit at all. A piece of cloth does almost nothing to block airborne pathogens as small as viruses. You can make the argument that they function as spit shields but that invites the argument that they are spit collectors which would required them to be treated as legitimate bio-hazards to prevent cross contamination. Casual observation of peoples behavior makes it clear to me that they don't. At my gym people touch their faces with regularity. At the grocery store I see people retrieving them from the cup holders and consoles of their cars. At the the office where I work most of the staff keep them on their desks.

Honestly I don't give two shits what effect masks have if any. None of the actual data has me the least bit concerned. Putting this thing in the top twenty health concerns would be a gross misjudgment of priorities for myself and millions of others. I'm more concerned that so many would forfeit so much freedom for so little, especially considering the lack of evidence that doing so has any benefit at all.

OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
In michigan it's state wide executive order, fines for individuals even if out side unless the people you are around live in same home if you aren't 6 foot away. They were saying you will be charged $500 misdemeanor

OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Not much different then being able to choose if you want to vaccinate your kids for polio when they are born why can't we choose to not wear a mask makes me wonder how much more freedom we will have left in us

Walking Birds

Lil-Rokslider
AZ is a “kinda”. The state left it to the Cities to decide, so most of them require them like Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale etc, I heard Tucson requires them too, but smaller towns like Cave Creek and Payson mostly leave it to the businesses themselves to decide

MattB

WKR
How much freedom do you really think you are giving up by wearing a mask?

The more severe the disease, the more there will be calls for measures that will actual impair our freedom. The grand irony is that it is the folks who don't give 2 $#!+$ about others and refuse the change their behavior who will be at fault for that.

Last edited:
OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know why they have to shove q tip to the back of your nasal cavity to test for Corona? Couldn't you just spit on somethin?

CorbLand

WKR
Utah is requiring it in State owned buildings. After that, its up to the business.

Personally, I dont wear one and dont see the value in it but to each their own. Dont really see it as restricting my freedom to wear a mask, but also think my freedom to not wear one is pretty important too. What scares me the most is the witch hunt mentality that comes with it.

One that did crack me up though, watched a kid take a bandanna that was tied around his wrist off his wrist and put it on as he walked into a building. Goes into the building touches everything you would need to enter a building, purchase a pop and leave. Gets out of the building, takes the bandanna off and ties it around his wrist.

Last edited:
OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Children under 5 and people with a written dr note don't have to wear them in Michigan. Should they be able to go where people that have to wear masks go?

whaack

WKR
The whole point of all of this was to prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed.

Now we have moved into a weird phase where no one is supposed to get this virus at any cost which was never the goal. The only way this thing goes away is herd immunity which means everyone, or most people, have to get the virus. Only then can we move on. We’ve given healthcare the breathing room they need. Now it’s time to move forward.

Our country has been overcome with fear and its mind boggling. We are living in surreal times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
It's a topic to discuss not get bent out of shape about if u read and don't agree with it you don't have to respond to it. That's a choice that only you can make your not FORCED to respond. But feel free to respond how ever you want to,we do live in america I think it's called freedom of speech

I love the ‘what harm will it do to you to wear a mask?’ People.

You can basically think of it as a gateway drug to further relinquish your freedoms in public. At some point it will turn into curfews that will last years or indefinitely. The local govts have already taken control of private business in lots of areas. Masks are just a small annoying symbol of a power grab by local govts and so many brainwashed weenies go along with it, stylize it, preach it. Such tools. I understand for people in those states that are required under almost penalty of arrest. It’s like black mirror. Study how a virus actually works. Cloth does next to nothing.

People might as well be wearing those beaked masks worn by 17th century European doctors during the plague. Get the cape, little top hat, leather gloves to complete the package. Apparently we are still at that level of knowledge about viruses, incredible.

NMframed

Lil-Rokslider
New Mexico governor said $100 fines for anyone not wearing a mask in public. Not all businesses are enforcing it and I personally feel that it has minimal, if any benefit. I think it’s more about our politicians seeing how willing we are to turn into their puppets. I can’t imagine living in a world where we all have to wear a mask in public. I’m sure the criminals, looters, and rioters will be more than happy to hide their face.

MattB

WKR
I love the ‘what harm will it do to you to wear a mask?’ People.

You can basically think of it as a gateway drug to further relinquish your freedoms in public. At some point it will turn into curfews that will last years or indefinitely. The local govts have already taken control of private business in lots of areas. Masks are just a small annoying symbol of a power grab by local govts and so many brainwashed weenies go along with it, stylize it, preach it. Such tools. I understand for people in those states that are required under almost penalty of arrest. It’s like black mirror. Study how a virus actually works. Cloth does next to nothing.

People might as well be wearing those beaked masks worn by 17th century European doctors during the plague. Get the cape, little top hat, leather gloves to complete the package. Apparently we are still at that level of knowledge about viruses, incredible.

In areas where there are COVID-related restrictions or with impacted healthcare systems, masks are a key components to rolling back the government mandates that restrict freedom and not the other way around. This is has been demonstrated in direct contradition to your conspiracy theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.