States that force you to wear mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
I think Florida is a state that makes you were one not sure if that's right but don't they have really high numbers of covid?

Some state governments are asking/mandating you to wear a mask when in public...... yet in defiance, one willing decides to object and not wear it. Why, because you feel empowered by being able to do so. Because “no one can tell me what to do Or when to do it”. Because it does no good. I am sticking it to the government by blatantly defying their request/mandate.

Now, place yourself in a situation where you have to go into a room with a known COVID positive patient and have to get within six feet of him/her. You have the option of putting on a cloth mask or not wearing a mask. What’s your choice? I dare to think that not a single one of you would willing grab that cloth mask and put it on. Oh wait....herd immunity. I will be better off by just getting it so I am not gonna wear the mask. Really? So step away from your Macho-self demeanor and assume your wife and kids are standing outside this room with you while you are making that choice. Still not gonna put on the mask? Herd immunity, its what we need right? What have the most recent studies shown about herd immunity? Don’t know, look it up. Not what you think.

This is a real world real life example, the caveat is, you have no idea who is a Positive COVID patient or not when you enter into a location confined or not by walls where you are in closes contact with people. Many of these people are positive COVID patients, but you can’t tell it. Anyone read the Bible.....”wolf in sheep’s clothing”.

IMO, no one is trying to take away your civil liberties for the heck of it. These non-medical politicians are trying to make the best decisions (usually...not always I will admit, as some are politically motivated) but in general to help prevent the spread. I.e. Everyone wears a mask in public places and this will allow us to keep the economy going and people working. Or, instead, we can shutdown for 2-3 more weeks, and no one is allowed out of their houses again.

And no, the healcare community has not recovered. We caught up after the several weeks of quarantine, however many are now worse off than before. My community alone has gone from 300 cases to over a thousand cases in 10 days. Our hospital has less than 15 beds for COVID patients. The community 20 miles away that has two hospitals is now on diversion I am told because they are full. All elective surgeries have been canceled now going forward. If/when we are full same for us. You need surgery, now it’s a 5 hour drive to the next city, assuming they are doing elective cases. Essentially life and limb cases only being done now.

So, to think all is well, that this is all B.S. I can’t wear a mask or am not going to....it’s all not as bad as perceived....well, that’s your opinion. But if you get it....and these institutions are now full or the 5 days worth of Redemsivir supply is wiped out to help you recover, or there aren’t anymore ventilators for you, then what? And, yes these are all actual current issues. I know I know, it won’t happen to you.

Well....I take this risk every single day, and I may be taking care of you. I don’t get the choice, I simply have to do it, regardless of the risks you did or did not take. What’s it gonna hurt to wear a mask, even if its of little benefit? Someone isn’t always out to get you, and it’s not always just you that is affected. I won’t tell you what to do in public. I see it on a daily basis. Not my job to police you. I will just go on about my business.

Just my .02

Grumman

WKR
I’ve been in twelve states the past two weeks from Alabama to Montana. Mask use seem to be more common in the cities and still varies a lot. Jackson Wyoming had a local ordinance and every business had a sign on the door requiring them. The National Parks required them to enter buildings but enforcement was spotty. It was frustrating to see masks littering the ground in the restricted Yellowstone geyser areas and along trails in the Tetons. Many people in the parks wore them. In rural small towns hardly anyone is wearing them. The people driving alone in their car wearing a mask seem to be on the decline.

I am a germaphobe and personally do not support mask mandates. Most people do not wear a mask properly and definitely do not use sterile techniques with gloves. I saw a lot of customer facing employees wearing gloves, and they were not sanitizing between customers as they were exchanging money and products. I can get behind temperature checks but not cotton masks.

Our mayor in the Alabama city I live in just mandated masks via executive order. The politicians in the news conference and following interviews either did not have them on, were on top of their head, or they were under their chin. Our hospitals are not full. His reasoning seems to be based on emotion of positive cases not deaths.

I would rather them mandate everyone wash their hands after using the bathroom. I’ve seen people exiting the bathroom stalls with a mask under their chin and not washing their hands, as they go on to shop then hand money and snacks to the station clerk who has had the same gloves with stained fingertips on for three hours....but that person is not breaking the mask mandate and is encouraged to say something to me for not wearing a mask at all....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Some state governments are asking/mandating you to wear a mask when in public...... yet in defiance, one willing decides to object and not wear it. Why, because you feel empowered by being able to do so. Because “no one can tell me what to do Or when to do it”. Because it does no good. I am sticking it to the government by blatantly defying their request/mandate.

Now, place yourself in a situation where you have to go into a room with a known COVID positive patient and have to get within six feet of him/her. You have the option of putting on a cloth mask or not wearing a mask. What’s your choice? I dare to think that not a single one of you would willing grab that cloth mask and put it on. Oh wait....herd immunity. I will be better off by just getting it so I am not gonna wear the mask. Really? So step away from your Macho-self demeanor and assume your wife and kids are standing outside this room with you while you are making that choice. Still not gonna put on the mask? Herd immunity, its what we need right? What have the most recent studies shown about herd immunity? Don’t know, look it up. Not what you think.

This is a real world real life example, the caveat is, you have no idea who is a Positive COVID patient or not when you enter into a location confined or not by walls where you are in closes contact with people. Many of these people are positive COVID patients, but you can’t tell it. Anyone read the Bible.....”wolf in sheep’s clothing”.

IMO, no one is trying to take away your civil liberties for the heck of it. These non-medical politicians are trying to make the best decisions (usually...not always I will admit, as some are politically motivated) but in general to help prevent the spread. I.e. Everyone wears a mask in public places and this will allow us to keep the economy going and people working. Or, instead, we can shutdown for 2-3 more weeks, and no one is allowed out of their houses again.

And no, the healcare community has not recovered. We caught up after the several weeks of quarantine, however many are now worse off than before. My community alone has gone from 300 cases to over a thousand cases in 10 days. Our hospital has less than 15 beds for COVID patients. The community 20 miles away that has two hospitals is now on diversion I am told because they are full. All elective surgeries have been canceled now going forward. If/when we are full same for us. You need surgery, now it’s a 5 hour drive to the next city, assuming they are doing elective cases. Essentially life and limb cases only being done now.

So, to think all is well, that this is all B.S. I can’t wear a mask or am not going to....it’s all not as bad as perceived....well, that’s your opinion. But if you get it....and these institutions are now full or the 5 days worth of Redemsivir supply is wiped out to help you recover, or there aren’t anymore ventilators for you, then what? And, yes these are all actual current issues. I know I know, it won’t happen to you.

Well....I take this risk every single day, and I may be taking care of you. I don’t get the choice, I simply have to do it, regardless of the risks you did or did not take. What’s it gonna hurt to wear a mask, even if its of little benefit? Someone isn’t always out to get you, and it’s not always just you that is affected. I won’t tell you what to do in public. I see it on a daily basis. Not my job to police you. I will just go on about my business.

Just my .02
Not trying to argue or say wear a mask don't wear but I have couple ?s do you work directly with covid patients? If so what mask are you wearing? Has anyone you work with got covid wearing same mask?

Not all, I took the time to look at countries that use them and compared it to how our approach has worked so far.l and other sources I trust. I asked the question because I was curious if anyone could provide a logical reason not to. Still waiting. It is like conceal and carry, better to have and not need, then need and not have. No doubt since so many don’t want to wear them we will be able to have this debate for a long time.

If your mask theory is correct, you’ll have that convo even longer. The only thing that will truly shield you is staying home with no outsiders around. Conceal and carry is infinitely more important to me than some cloth, especially in high populated areas. I know you disagree, that’s cool. Thanks for writing something substantial at least, my bait worked.

I am classified as “most vulnerable” so I wear an N95 or N99 mask as my profession deals with inserting a tube into the airway of patients on a daily basis.
Out of the roughly 50 colleagues that also perform similar tasks, none of them have gotten COVID.
As a side note, there have been 1000s of encounters with staff wearing cloth masks” while unknowingly caring for what later became a positive COVID patient of which none of them contracted the virus.

Of the 1000+ cases in our county, only roughly 50-60 have been health care workers, many of which are on the front lines and most of which only have cloth masks. The majority of the health care positive cases have been “assumed” community aquired but not all of them. Staff are only given an N95 mask If you are knowingly caring for a positive patient, unless you are intubating patients then you always have an N95 because the risk is greater.

OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Do you know why they have to go through nasal to test for it? Can't they do back of the throat like a strep or have u spit in something?

Opah

WKR
If it wasnt so much crap, it wouldn't bug me, but I do wear a mask when I must.
Figure Even with the exaggerated numbers (for every one positive 16 cases are reported)
99.99 percent of Americans are perfectly healthy, .005 percent are cases, and 15 to 1 are assumed.
Budessonide and Hydroxyine Asama Meds cure the Virus, all documented !
I wear a mask right now because it is more hassle than it is worth not to

Last edited:
OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Ringworm what state u work in? Anyone else work with covid patients/hospitals where cloth masks kept you from testing pos?

Scottyboy

WKR
Nothing yet here in Minnesota, maybe in the cities but no person in their right mind would go there.

Anyways, I’m amazed at the amount of people that follow the rule of wear a mask, but don’t give a shit about our hands-free rule while driving. I can’t stop laughing everytime I see someone driving by themself, with a mask on....on the phone. Sigh....

HankNM

Lil-Rokslider
Been wearing a mask where needed since April. And I always have a pistol on and or a Winchester with me.
Do what you want,but stay the f away from me

Nothing yet here in Minnesota, maybe in the cities but no person in their right mind would go there.

Anyways, I’m amazed at the amount of people that follow the rule of wear a mask, but don’t give a shit about our hands-free rule while driving. I can’t stop laughing everytime I see someone driving by themself, with a mask on....on the phone. Sigh....

Great point, they are saving the world right up until they rear end some family because they had to finish a text.

Do you know why they have to go through nasal to test for it? Can't they do back of the throat like a strep or have u spit in something?

The honest answer from what I have seen and read is it’s based on very small studies that show a slight edge when using the Nasopharyngeal swab, especially when it’s performed later in the stage of of the virus cycle. However, the research here is very very weak IMO. It’s not that oropharyngeal swabbing isn’t effective, it is, but the few studies that have researched it show it to be less reliable. I feel down the road this may change once more research is done. Even looking at other SARs type respiratory viruses the literature is not terribly convincing from what I have found. It clearly less skill for someone to perform an oral swab and thus would make it more available for people to perform Therefore increasing testing numbers per day. It obviously is more comfortable. You do also deal with some contamination issues from an oral swab compared to nasopharyngeal as the mouth is a haven of bacteria etc.

I am in Texas.

jremmons

FNG
People that are saying they "don't understand how a piece of cloth keeps out the virus" really need to read up on the science of the virus and how it spreads; the mask is designed to keep you from SPREADING the virus, NOT to prevent you from getting the virus. Interestingly to me, even basic cloth masks have shown some reduction (up to 60%ish) in the likelihood one will catch the virus, so I'll be interested to read further research on that.

Phaseolus

WKR
Oregon does. Now I get to wear my shemagh without my wife giving me a hard time. 😀 seriously though it is pretty dumb wearing a cloth mask to keep a virus out.
You do understand that it won’t keep the virus out but may reduce the spread from someone who is already infected . Right?

Nutsknr

FNG
As a drywaller who wore n95 often, and every evening blew white boogers out, the mask is comical. It says on my box of 3m n95 that the mask doesn’t stop viruses. It didn’t stop Sheetrock dust.

So I’m sure those cloth masks do a lot of good.

But we can all feel good that we “did something”

OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
What's the science behind the mask not keeping you from getting it verses keeping you from spreading it? If the mask can't keep me from getting it by breathing small amounts through (nobody blowing in my face)how does it stop it when you sneeze cough thro it

Status
Not open for further replies.