States that force you to wear mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way you're feeling guilt is if you know that you're wrong, which you are. You're either part of the solution or part of the problem. Your choice.

I don’t even live like normal people, i’m in the country isolated for days usually. Don’t assume everyone is doing the same things. Not a tiny bit of guilt here. Just Call me whatever makes you feel better about yourself. Projection.

Not my intention of guilt over murdering my father, but I appreciate your take on it. He can take care of himself and will make free choices to do so. The guilt and shame was supposed to be for the anti-masker for being a dishonorable sissy for refusing to wear masks When it may do some good to protect your fellow citizens and does little to harm the wearer. There’s data that shows the slow of spread with mask wear. If they don’t work why does the Military wear them? Why did Trump finally wear one on his visit to Walter Reed? It’s because even he knows it would be political suicide to show no respect for his elders or the Veterans at that facility.
I agree it doesn’t need to be mandated and that small town in Iowa or somewhere in Montana isn’t the same as Orlando Florida. If the disease is spreading too rapidly in your community and overwhelming your hospital systems then obviously we should be wearing masks.
I don’t need it to be mandated to naturally have respect and care for my elders and fellow Americans. I care about Democrats, Republicans, Independents just the same and wear it for all of them. I mean there’s other things we can do like deliver groceries to our elders etc which I already choose to do. A simple one is to wear a mask while you’re in enclosed places with others.
If they don’t work y’all why does the military require mask wear.

I was in N. Idaho and recently in Montana. The paradigm here is not the same here as where the majority of Americans are. The majority of people here like me only wear them when required, hospitals, costco, maybe some other little obscure business. Some of the lowest amount of cases in the country. How is that, this isn’t just directed to you but people come on, how is that? It’s because we are living on top of each other and we do t have huge factories. I’m sure there are other factors. I’m not killing old people, by in large older people here wear masks less often than younger people, they are wise and don’t give into social pressure. Masks make sense in enclosed prolonged exposure to others, we don’t go anywhere like that. Just in and out of a store, talking to people briefly over 6ft away. Wearing a mask is no big deal, I get the argument, but i’ve never been a joiner and I question the hell out of everything, it really is a piece of a bigger puzzle you won’t fully grasp until we are a few years i to this. We’re not get the virus here in any frightening numbers, not even close, nobody I know even knows someone with it. I go off what I have witnessed in my community.

I was in N. Idaho and recently in Montana. The paradigm here is not the same here as where the majority of Americans are. The majority of people here like me only wear them when required, hospitals, costco, maybe some other little obscure business. Some of the lowest amount of cases in the country. How is that, this isn’t just directed to you but people come on, how is that? It’s because we are living on top of each other and we do t have huge factories. I’m sure there are other factors. I’m not killing old people, by in large older people here wear masks less often than younger people, they are wise and don’t give into social pressure. Masks make sense in enclosed prolonged exposure to others, we don’t go anywhere like that. Just in and out of a store, talking to people briefly over 6ft away. Wearing a mask is no big deal, I get the argument, but i’ve never been a joiner and I question the hell out of everything, it really is a piece of a bigger puzzle you won’t fully grasp until we are a few years i to this. We’re not get the virus here in any frightening numbers, not even close, nobody I know even knows someone with it. I go off what I have witnessed in my community.

If you believe that somehow ID/MT is immune to an outbreak, you should do some research on past pandemics - they hit places large and small, rural & suburban. I was watching a documentary on the Spanish Flu made about 10 years ago, and they actually dug up a mass grave in Nome so that they could access perfectly preserved bodies entombed in the permafrost for DNA sequencing of the virus. At the end, Fauci was interviewed and warned America that we aren't immune to another pandemic. Ha!

This national geographic link, which shows where cases are changing the most rapidly of recent, has plenty of redder areas in ID/MT. Seems like common sense to wear a mask and keep your guard up if you live there, no?

DESERT ED

FNG
Ah yes ... the mask wars. I wear one when required. Our county isn’t making it mandatory but tbe one next door is. I live near the Navajo Nation where it’s really bad. Most every native I see now has a mask on while out in “public” I don’t want to get sick and I would hate to spread it to my family or anyone else, so I reluctantly put one on. I do think it’s a bit late in the game for them, but I’m no expert.
I wish the internet was around when seatbelts became mandatory.

Nutsknr

FNG
All the “wear mask”guys.

Tonight, do a simple experiment. Instead of wearing a Trojan, put a bandana on your Willy.

Then check back next month and let us know the babies name.

Remember, sperm is 100x bigger than this virus.

I’m sure cloth will work

All the “wear mask”guys.

Tonight, do a simple experiment. Instead of wearing a Trojan, put a bandana on your Willy.

Then check back next month and let us know the babies name.

Remember, sperm is 100x bigger than this virus.

I’m sure cloth will work
So to you wearing a mask is completely binary, you suggest? They basically don't filter out virus-sized particles?

Fortunately, that's not the case. And, masks are sort of like anything else - many different kinds with many different effectiveness ratings. But, even a cloth mask helps, especially for the user to transmit the virus unknowingly to someone else. I can break it down for you some more if you'd like.
This one's a good read: https://www.pnas.org/content/117/26/14857

Mike7

WKR
Denmark seems to be taking a more measured approach (compared to some US Karens anyway) and will have some actual prospective studies coming out on the mask topic to help guide their health recommendations, and particulary inform their decisions prior to any potential mandates. Imagine, Denmark, home of the free and brave.

Anyway, as far as developed countries with decent medical and health accounting infrastructure systems go and who actually do some covid testing, Denmark does not have a high death rate so far per million people from coronavirus interestingly. Now they are far less obese than the US (and I suspect have far less chronic disease) and have a much different ethnic composition, but it might still be worthwhile keeping an eye on what they come up with.

Reduction in COVID-19 Infection Using Surgical Facial Masks Outside the Healthcare System. (Results pending)

OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Infection is about viral load over time. You are not very likely to inhale enough viral load even if someone has just coughed into the air and you walk by them briefly to create an infection in your body. However indoors in enclosed spaces without adequate ventilation the respiratory droplets and looks now more likely that aerosolized viral particles hang out in the air and with enough time spent in that air one would inhale enough viral load to become infected. Mask reduces the amount of respiratory droplets that are floating out from the wearer into the room that can then be inhaled by others. The 6 ft rule is based on the idea that the heavy respiratory droplets will sink to the floor within 6 ft and decrease tge chance that someone else will inhale your droplets. Chances are even if you’re wearing a mask if you spend enough time in an enclosed space with infected individuals you can breathe in aerosolized viral particles and again become infected. You’d have to spend a fair amount of time breathing in the aerosolized virus in the same air stream as another infected individual, which unfortunately may be beyond the 6 ft. This is why they consider closing dine in services in a lot of places.
So by the first part of what you said does that mean it's not highly contagious? Meaning we won't get it if we breath in just a little bit of the virus. And to blame parents of the people that don't want to wear a mask would be blaming a lot of people( parents as you are referring to or insulting how ever you look at it) that grew up in the 1920s most of the people I see mad about the masks because of their" rights" are all older then I am. But there is many in all age ranges that refuse to wear a mask. I think it's a matter of the difference in the things media and scientific study's are saying one thing then week later the opposite nobody really knows what's going on or what to believe.

So by the first part of what you said does that mean it's not highly contagious? Meaning we won't get it if we breath in just a little bit of the virus. And to blame parents of the people that don't want to wear a mask would be blaming a lot of people( parents as you are referring to or insulting how ever you look at it) that grew up in the 1920s most of the people I see mad about the masks because of their" rights" are all older then I am. But there is many in all age ranges that refuse to wear a mask. I think it's a matter of the difference in the things media and scientific study's are saying one thing then week later the opposite nobody really knows what's going on or what to believe.
So you've seen a a study that shows masks are innefective?

The only flip flop I know of was early on they said not to wear a mask so that we could keep enough ppe in supply for healthcare workers.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Just an fyi, this is Dustin the wind . I was banned for posting too much in here. As many know, I have posted a ton in other political threads for the last year and was not banned, so I'm sure I was probably banned because someone was offended. Just wanted to give a heads up anyone who challenges the pro mask hive mind in here. This will be promptly erased i'm sure. So long.
Had you on ignore, so not sure what you said, but welcome back I guess?

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Just an fyi, this is Dustin the wind . I was banned for posting too much in here. As many know, I have posted a ton in other political threads for the last year and was not banned, so I'm sure I was probably banned because someone was offended. Just wanted to give a heads up anyone who challenges the pro mask hive mind in here. This will be promptly erased i'm sure. So long.
Welcome back LOL.If you think rokslide is pro mask stay the hell away from hunttalk, They’re not too far from requiring mask to log on and post.

If the mask doesn't protect you from getting the virus (that means virus comes thro mask and infects you) how would it stop the virus from coming out at the same rate you breath it in? I don't think i breath in harder then I cough or sneeze out wearing a mask
It is more effective to reduce the viral load at the small source than after is spreads out to large cloud.

Think about one person with a water hose, another standing 6 feet away. To reduce the chance of that second person getting wet, would it be better to put a small filter screen (it doesn’t have to be water proof) on the nozzle or on the receiving person?

OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
But putting a screen over it would make a mist which would float thro air longer maybe

I've heard alot about not wearing masks during flu season etc.

There's alot of talk in my medical community that's interested in watching the flu and subsequent pneumonia cases this fall/winter if more people are wearing masks. What would happen if we can show a significant decline in flu/pna cases? Maybe mask wearing will be come more common every year during flu season.

It is an interesting time for sure.

strawman

Lil-Rokslider
The virus is transported in droplets. Masks block droplets. It's really not that hard to understand. If you're getting your information from some dumbass on YouTube that got a C in High School biology instead of the majority of the world's leading Infectious Disease and Virology experts, you're doing it wrong.

OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
It will be interesting to see if we have a corona season it's lasting thro 2 seasons now probly gonna be all year round

OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
If it is only in droplets why can't they test droplets,spit?

Status
Not open for further replies.