Stay away from Zamberlan - terrible boot and worse warranty

Bluto

WKR
Long time Zamberlan wearer, so I replaced the last ones this year with 960 Guide’s. About 5 miles into break in, I snagged a lace and it actually snapped off one of the lace guides.

They were unable/refused to get them repaired before my hunt, so I ended up having to figure out a lacing method to make up for the missing guide.

4 days into the hunt (probably 20 miles total on them) the rand starts separating from the boot. I no longer think the snapped guide was an anomaly like I did before. They’re just not very well made boots anymore. Which is disappointing.

Fast forward to December, still no resolution for warranty, and I’m not sure I want the bolts anymore anyway. They’re obviously not very good, so I ask about returning to the retailer (the retailer said they would accept thin with Zamberlan’s blessing) and I get this gem in reply.

“Zamberlan products and does not foster un-necessary waste for environmental and ecological reasons, as well as for the respect for the materials used in our products. As stated before we would have the boots sent out to be serviced for repair.”

Nope, not kidding. In order to save the environment, we aren’t taking back our shoddy boots. I suggested that maybe they should use better materials and craftsmanship in your products, that would be a better way to cut down on waste. So now they’ll take them, to repair them in the same manner they manufactured them just to fall apart again.

Zamberlan might make a good boot in Italy, but Zamberlan USA is garbage and their warranty is worse. Go somewhere else. I am.

OP
Bluto

Bluto

WKR
I hate it - and the boots are maybe bad luck. But the warranty stuff is just bad.

I’m gonna try Meindl or Crispi if I can get a fit.

Trial153

WKR
Never had any issue with them, in fact they held up better then couple other brands I am fond of. I am still using a pair of lynx and cougars and put pair of Guides though three years of some really tough hunts. I think the cougars are going to make trip to alaska and BC next year as well.

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
crispi isnt much better it seems. friend got some brand new wyomings and they leaked bad brand new out of the box. it took them over a month to test and send him replacment boots that dont even fit the same anymore

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've had five pair of Zamberlan boots in the last 7 years. I sold one pair that were a touch too small for me, and returned another pair that I didn't care for. I still have the other three pair. My 7" Dakota's have been beat to heck every elk season going back to 2013. I wouldn't trade them for a brand new pair of one of their other boots. They'll need resoling at some point, but they've been better than great.

The only thing I don't like about my Leopards is they're a little heavy for such a small boot.

Man I’ve had great luck with my Zamberlans but I hate to here that about the warranty. I’m actually looking at the 960 guides and the 1013 leopards right now trying to decide which one to order. I think the leopards are basically a camo version of the 996 Vioz I’ve been wearing. I thought I might like the rubber rands on the 960’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I’ve had great luck with my Zamberlans but I hate to here that about the warranty. I’m actually looking at the 960 guides and the 1013 leopards right now trying to decide which one to order. I think the leopards are basically a camo version of the 996 Vioz I’ve been wearing. I thought I might like the rubber rands on the 960’s.

I recently tried on the new 4014 Lynx Boa boot that has a small rand on the toe as well as the 980's these were the only models found in store at my local sportsmans warehouse. I was between the 960 and the 1014 lynx which is basically the same boot as the leopard. I had concern about the long term durability of the leather without any rand protection. After trying the new boa style on I am highly considering those as well, the boots seemed to fit like a glove as soon as I tightened the "laces". I can get the 960s on a pretty good sale though so that is probably the direction I am going.

I almost bought some, but after trying multiple times to get them to answer a question before the purchase and never getting a response, I decided to move on.

If a company won’t help you before they have your money, they aren’t going to be much help after they have your money.

Trial153

WKR
The lynx with Boa is my my next buy, love my regular lynx and cougars.
Used a boot with boa on a moose hunt this fall and it was excellent. If I could I would convert all my hunting boots to it

Ok what’s a boa? I have a pair of 996 for about 4 years that have been great for me. I should be getting a pair of 960’s in the mail tomorrow.

Ok what’s a boa? I have a pair of 996 for about 4 years that have been great for me. I should be getting a pair of 960’s in the mail tomorrow.

Boa is a cable lacing system. Uses a knob at the top to tighten.

Best thing I have found is if you realize your boots are a little loose it's just a quick turn to get them a little tighter, instead of unlacing and retying.

No issues with either pair of mine. Think they are both the lynx. One short, the other is this year's new model with toe rand and boa.

Did you pay with a credit card? Sometimes you have better recourse going this route. Maybe another option to recover some funds since these are not cheap boots.

Boa is a cable lacing system. Uses a knob at the top to tighten.

Best thing I have found is if you realize your boots are a little loose it's just a quick turn to get them a little tighter, instead of unlacing and retying.

No issues with either pair of mine. Think they are both the lynx. One short, the other is this year's new model with toe rand and boa.

I’m guessing you can’t retrofit a pair of boots with this system?