Stay-on case suggestions for Kowa 773?

PHo

WKR
As the title says, does anyone have suggestions for a stay-on case for a Kowa 773 spotter (other than the nylon Kowa case - too heavy and bulky for my liking)? I’ve search through old thread postings and there doesn’t seem to be any definitive suggestions.

Looked at my options for my Kowa 553. Wound up getting the Kowa neoprene case. Added about 6 ounces or so.

I did not like the Kowa nylon stay on case either. I decided to keep it in a Marsupial 65/85 angled spotting scope case. I just use the scope “bare” on the tripod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

PHo

WKR
I did not like the Kowa nylon stay on case either. I decided to keep it in a Marsupial 65/85 angled spotting scope case. I just use the scope “bare” on the tripod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I’m using a large wool sock at the moment haha

tdhanses

WKR
I got the Kowa case and it’s better in person then what the pics look like, fits well and has great protection.

Matt G.

WKR
Yes the case is nice and fit general protection I use it. However it adds an extra 12 ounces to scope so I think I will use sock method. Eyecap sucks as well since cannot trust to stay on

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes the case is nice and fit general protection I use it. However it adds an extra 12 ounces to scope so I think I will use sock method. Eyecap sucks as well since cannot trust to stay on

This^^ eye caps are pretty sorry I'd be afraid they won't stay on if I didn't use the case or I might opt for the sock myself.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
You could always wrap it with padded tennis racket grip tape.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6.3 oz on my scale without the velcro focus knob cover and with the removable eyepiece neck. If you remove the eyepiece neck you'll save another ounce maybe.

I use the C771 case in my pack and hated it at first. It's grown on me though and now I prefer it over a sock. When packing my scope on a wheeler, boat or plane I use the padded CNW-13 case. Lots of protection and saves needing to wrap it up in jackets.

The padded CNW-13 case is 6.8 oz fwiw

tdhanses

WKR

I need to weigh mine, don’t think it’s that heavy.

Matt G.

WKR
Yup I exaggerated. Had the caps, arca plate, and forgot about the lens cloth a well stored in objective cover. Case closer to 6 oz. Contemplating cutting off the foot cover...

Jeff, put in a request for a better fitting eye piece cover, it's frankly just terrible.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Already done, the new ones are harder plastic and stick well with an additional tab with a hole you can attach a lanyard to.