Stay with 300 WM or go PRC

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
To add to the WSM romance and wonder, I developed a load with 215 Bergers and found a node at 69 gr of RL26 that averaged 2840 with an ES of 18 out of a 24" barrel but the accuracy was around .75-1 MOA. So I went to the 200.20x HVLDs because the BC was actually better than the 210s and RL26 became magic fairy dust. I found a load with 70 gr of H1000 I am getting accuracy in the. 3s at 2923 avg and an ES of 9... I did all this work and killed one in easy bow range. I broke the front shoulder and found the jacket under the hide on the opposing side; animal was quartering to me.
If I were to get another WSM I think I'd get a 26" barrel. Hope this helps, happy hunting.

netman

WKR
The past few weeks I have been looking for 300 RUM brass and or factory ammo. I have waded through 300 Win Mag everything every place I have been.
I have found zero RUM ammo or brass orzero 300 PRC. On the other hand I have found a semi tractor trailer load of 300 win Mag ammo and brass.
I’m building a 300 RUM when I should be building a 300 Win Mag.

Shotshill

FNG
Bought a new 5R Rem in 300 WM and sold it within a few months as it was not accurate with any ammo I tried... I bought a Sako A7 and life got better! Thats my personal experience with a similar rifle. Good luck to you...

The past few weeks I have been looking for 300 RUM brass and or factory ammo. I have waded through 300 Win Mag everything every place I have been.
I have found zero RUM ammo or brass orzero 300 PRC. On the other hand I have found a semi tractor trailer load of 300 win Mag ammo and brass.
I’m building a 300 RUM when I should be building a 300 Win Mag.

we are in the good old days. It isn’t that tough to find RUM brass.

3sdad

FNG
I kicked around the idea of the 300 prc when i ordered my havak. Ended up going the wm route. Too much information, availability, and convenience with the wm to go for the prc. That 1 trip where you make the bonehead move and forget/lose/run out🤫 of ammo, you're gonna have a better chance of finding ammo for that old wm in that small town then you will the prc. My .02 of course. Good luck

I’d stay win mag just because of bullet selection. That and you can go anywhere in the world dang near and find ammo if you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jonboatjockey

jonboatjockey

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone for chiming in, lots of good input here. Im staying with the tried and true 300WM