Steak Dinner- what’re you getting?

38301349-DA9A-4DE0-AE95-1A2C98AE3AD8.jpegHere’s the scenario, you and your spouse are going out to the areas premier steak house. You’ve got 300$ burning a hole in your pocket and you’ve got an appetite for steak. Based on the attached list, whats your order looking like? Assume 20$ per cocktail or glass of wine.

OP
Lovellr653
For the record, I’m leaning towards the Tomahawk for two, hunter potato, Bourbon Manhattan, truffle steak fries and another Manhattan to forget about how much the dinner is going to cost.

bsnedeker

WKR
Whenever my wife and I do a steakhouse we always split a porterhouse. They'll come out and carve it at the table and she gets the filet and I get the strip AND THE BONE! Martini's to start, red wine during dinner, glass of port with dessert, a nice scotch to finish it all up. You'll leave happy.

Broomd

WKR
Yeah, that Tomahawk looks pretty damn tempting.
Nothing says excess like 40oz prime sliced tableside! Bon appetite! :p

PS...The leftovers rock too!

CJ19

WKR
Not to hijack the thread, but i splurged on an aged tomahawk a few months ago. Was pretty tasty. Maple wood sear finished on cherry pellets traeger. Excellent steak. Worth treating yourself sometimes.

Attachments

• Resized_20210925_193657.jpg
    Resized_20210925_193657.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Resized_20210925_193052.jpg
    Resized_20210925_193052.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 20211202_194818.jpg
    20211202_194818.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 119

SWOHTR

WKR
What’s all the rage lately with tomahawks? Is it just another cheaply disguised way to feel manly while living in suburbia? If you’re going to eat a steak with your hands just grab onto the damn thing…no need for a bone handle…or would that mess up pretty little hands?

That said I do love ribeye.

OP
Lovellr653
Not to hijack the thread, but i splurged on an aged tomahawk a few months ago. Was pretty tasty. Maple wood sear finished on cherry pellets traeger. Excellent steak. Worth treating yourself somet I mes.
That looks amazing. Haven’t made a bad steak on my traeger yet, but I’ll have to step it up a notch to compete with that.

CJ19

WKR
What’s all the rage lately with tomahawks? Is it just another cheaply disguised way to feel manly while living in suburbia? If you’re going to eat a steak with your hands just grab onto the damn thing…no need for a bone handle…or would that mess up pretty little hands?

I think the bone attached it a bit of a fad type thing. I had to try it. You are paying a lot of extra moneh for the novelty of the bone though. Was a good steak but i would just get the best ribeye cut minus the rib bone next time.

OP
Lovellr653

These fads seem to come in waves. The tomahawk provides a bit of wow factor some folks like for special occasions, beyond that it’s anyones guess. 🤷🏼‍♂️

SWOHTR

WKR
I think the bone attached it a bit of a fad type thing. I had to try it. You are paying a lot of extra moneh for the novelty of the bone though. Was a good steak but i would just get the best ribeye cut minus the rib bone next time.
That makes sense! Thanks.

Poser

WKR
Always go with the Ribeye when you have these types of selections. The exception might be a hanger steak or, occasionally, you’ll see a Conflexus muscle, but very rare.

Filet is the least interesting cut of beef on a cow. I worked in a craft butcher shop for awhile and we made this observation: bitchy women with beat-into-submission-husbands order filets. Sexy woman with men with respectable taste order ribeyes.

Bourbon neat.

K2e2vin

FNG
I'd try the Wagyu cap steak(I'm assuming its picanha/sirloin cap?). Might as well try something different if you're eating out. Otherwise, I'd just have a nice ribeye at home.