Steak Dinner- what’re you getting?

Nick87

Lil-Rokslider
Probably new York. Would of said porterhouse for two, but parmesan cheese or anything ekse for that matter doesn't belong on a steak.

brianrossman1

Lil-Rokslider
Me personally I can cook fabulous steaks at home these day. Sear, Sous vide, sear again is simple.

On the rare occasion we do go to a steakhouse on a date night I’ll go with shared porterhouse or tomahawk. If I’m out with the guys a ribeye.

Otherwise rather do it at home where my drinks are not $20 bucks a piece and the wine is from our own collection vs getting gouged by a steakhouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
A lot of restaurants like to trim up a good ribeye and get rid of the cap. That's one of my favorite parts of a good ribeye steak or prime rib. The tomahawk steaks are the same.......they're "groomed" down to just the eye of the rib steak. Give me an untrimmed bone-in 40oz ribeye, and I'm all over it. And that's all I need, don't need the sides. But I rarely get a steak in a restaurant because I know I can do a better job with them at home. For $170 I can fix up prime grade ribeyes for the whole family.

mlgc20

WKR
My “go-to” here in Dallas is the cowboy bone-in ribeye with duck fried rice at Nick and Sams. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Oh boy, a beef thread. Full disclosure, I work in the beef industry for one of the big boys.

Wagyu is NOT worth the price of entry. It only has to be 49% Wagyu anyway, the rest will typically be angus. Typically fed the same diet as an Angus, maybe a little longer. Grain fed prime Angus beef is the finest protein on planet earth, don't believe otherwise.

Get the ribeye, second on the list is the porterhouse. If you like a good beverage just get two strips and catch a good buzz with the wife. That's a screamin deal for a white tablecloth strip steak. It'll be just as tender as the ribeye, just a little leaner. Not a bad thing if you don't like the greasy fat cap on the eye.

Cheers, that menu makes me jealous....

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Probably new York. Would of said porterhouse for two, but parmesan cheese or anything ekse for that matter doesn't belong on a steak.

I went to a high end place once when I was wasted, they asked me if I wanted my steak “topped” I asked what that meant….they told me I could choose shrimp, scallops, blue cheese and there was something else I forget what. I just replied “yes”. It was disgustingly good. Way the **** over the top but unbelievable. I think it ended up being well over a hundred dollars for the steak when all was said and done.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Oh boy, a beef thread. Full disclosure, I work in the beef industry for one of the big boys.

Wagyu is NOT worth the price of entry. It only has to be 49% Wagyu anyway, the rest will typically be angus. Typically fed the same diet as an Angus, maybe a little longer. Grain fed prime Angus beef is the finest protein on planet earth, don't believe otherwise.

Get the ribeye, second on the list is the porterhouse. If you like a good beverage just get two strips and catch a good buzz with the wife. That's a screamin deal for a white tablecloth strip steak. It'll be just as tender as the ribeye, just a little leaner. Not a bad thing if you don't like the greasy fat cap on the eye.

Cheers, that menu makes me jealous....

I’ve had wagyu three or four times but not when I was paying for it. Just during business stuff overseas. It’s the bomb and worth trying but it’s almost a novelty item. I can’t imagine ordering it as my main cut of meat at a restaraunt.

Azone

WKR
Cowboy cooked rare and topped with chimichurri. Truffle butter or blue cheese on top of some brussel sprouts.

wyodan

WKR
I'm getting the tomahawk for 2, and the date can have whatever costs less than $130.

WCB

WKR
Cowboy (RARE), lobster Mac and Cheese and loaded baked or loaded mashed. A couple 3 or 4 Captain Cokes maybe throw in a Captain Screw Up. Oh and you forgot the Dessert menu.

Wife would get the same thing but probably throw in some Asparigross. Wine.

I would like to think I cook some damn good Venison steaks (deer, elk, antelope) Butter, garlic, thyme, rosemary, etc. Seared to a crust almost medium rare to medium rare. Sorry to break it to guys but GOOD BEEF beats it 100% of the time. We buy good Ribeyes or T-bones here and there and go out to a nice place like the OP posted a couple times a year. It is always nice to just go and enjoy yourself and let someone else do the cooking. Even if I have two freezers stuffed full of meat at home.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Ribeye medium rare please. And go ahead and get rid of that stupid bone they leave hanging out to make it “cool”. So stupid.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Always go with the Ribeye when you have these types of selections. The exception might be a hanger steak or, occasionally, you’ll see a Conflexus muscle, but very rare.

Filet is the least interesting cut of beef on a cow. I worked in a craft butcher shop for awhile and we made this observation: bitchy women with beat-into-submission-husbands order filets. Sexy woman with men with respectable taste order ribeyes.

Bourbon neat.
This.

I haven't bought a steak since the 90's but I remember Delmonico's being my favorite.
Now Beef short ribs are a different thing. I'll take a properly smoke short rib over a steak all day.