Stealth Cam PX26; Tcams for the workin’ man

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
8d26eca5a4f2b20d3a2f9c27ee9b05c6.jpg

Black Ovis has these for $75 each (as long as you buy 2). I worked a deal with @ktowncamo to
run a few of these @Ryan Avery has a set and will post up too

This a simple on/off cam, so no schedule. For me, that means a
true trail camera. On most water holes, you get so many bird pics, I schedule from an hour before sunset to about 2 hours after sunrise to avoid the birds. And most big bucks seem to water then anyway.

But there’s plenty of places to run cams on trails so that’s what I’ll be doing with mine. Not saying you can’t run a water hole, just expect more birds to scroll through.

It has 3 Quick settings plus a custom, so very simple.

43e6dbf61ac0783ab312b521851f197e.jpg

It took 15 minutes or so to figure out the set up with the hardest part reading the digital words. Kinda hard to read but I got them figured out. This says “mode”
36db12062235359df8c0e28769d497ed.jpg

“time”
0e9f04a262383f9c577fea0db60a6f66.jpg

“Delay” You get my drift
0a1e4b60e51de5be5a50ce6bd2f2e328.jpg

Nothing too complicated

I’m headed out this week, so I ran one this weekend in the backyard to test. Obviously I forgot to set the date!
3a3d3a1e9f1194cdecdaf6531299f2fc.jpg

Seems to have a good trigger speed (this was 4 pics in a 5 photo burst)
c9e21c66a5510dbe11ec3330849cb345.jpg

1504e94860e3f1248c20e96325a14956.jpg

6cf50fb257287e98032054568d998d25.jpg

75a2646fdf05e2477ae46d84006b0910.jpg

Night pic of my unsuspecting son trying to take a leak in the horse pasture but he saw the cam or I’d have caught the whole show Hahahahahah
15ab708e76e0ed39172d20e68ec7b978.jpg

The PX26 has a test mode but you can’t set the range. I caught pics between 10’ and 60’ (test light wouldn’t trigger that far) so it seems to have plenty of range.
20cc982ae0b24bcb259aed8f373b97b7.jpg

So far seems like it’ll do the job for the price. It’s a 26MP cam hence the 26 in the spec

Oh and we had wind in the 10-20
range but not many false triggers from the over hanging branch. That’s really nice when a cam can do that.

I’ll post more throughout the summer/fall on these. Hit watch button, upper right on full site mode, or the little check mark in the box upper right on Tapatalk, if you want to follow.

You can find them at https://www.blackovis.com/gear/stealth-cam-px26-26mp-trail-camera-2-pack

Last edited:

Pro953

WKR
These are the main cams I run year round. I have six out right now. I have some more expensive Bushnell cams as well.

The stealth cams by far are more consistent and easy to run. The bushnells take great photos but I usually get a lot more false shots for every one good photo and they are more picky with cards, The Stealth cams are great workhorses. Good cost effective game cams for public land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
These are the main cams I run year round. I have six out right now. I have some more expensive Bushnell cams as well.

The stealth cams by far are more consistent and easy to run. The bushnells take great photos but I usually get a lot more false shots for every one good photo and they are more picky with cards, The Stealth cams are great workhorses. Good cost effective game cams for public land.

Hey man, thanks for the comparison. I’ve only ran Stealth from Black Ovis last 4 seasons so no comparisons for me.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 of these out, along with multiple other cameras. Battery life is great, even on video mode, and is just as good or better than any of the other cameras running.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I have 2 of these out, along with multiple other cameras. Battery life is great, even on video mode, and is just as good or better than any of the other cameras running.
good to know. I don't do much video so I'd be clueless on batt. life for that application. Thanks!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’m still running these a year later, I have two out right now. Still a good cam for the money. The only thing I wish they had was a schedule setting.

ICBoy

FNG
I'll have to look at getting a couple to replace my old/don't always work great cameras.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'll have to look at getting a couple to replace my old/don't always work great cameras.

Oh these work. There’s no doubt. Almost too good. I wish they had a setting for range or sensitivity because sometimes you get too many pictures if it’s windy. But I don’t feel like they’re missing too much as far as animal activity.

ICBoy

FNG
Oh these work. There’s no doubt. Almost too good. I wish they had a setting for range or sensitivity because sometimes you get too many pictures if it’s windy. But I don’t feel like they’re missing too much as far as animal activity.

My Bushnells are starting to have errors. One takes black pics after dusk, the other won't allow the menu to turn on. But I still have 4 that are chugging along, just would like to try some new ones don't need all the bells and whistles. thanks!!!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
My Bushnells are starting to have errors. One takes black pics after dusk, the other won't allow the menu to turn on. But I still have 4 that are chugging along, just would like to try some new ones don't need all the bells and whistles. thanks!!!

Virtually no bells and whistle’s on these

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I was replying to your comment about the Tactacams

Well obviously I’m confused. Sorry man, I thought somebody was asking me how much they were.
And then I see it was me asking the question! What a dope!. Geez, I need to finish my coffee before I start posting