Steamboat Springs Marathon

D

david long

Several Rokslide staff members will be participating in the Steamboat Springs Marathon and Half-Marathon on June 3 in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. If anyone is looking for a good tune-up for the hunting season, feel free to come out and join us! We would love to have other runners join us. I am sure we will be talking a little hunting once the race is complete!

tangsrud

FNG
I was originally thinking about doing the Leadville Trail Marathon but might have to change my plans to the Steamboat Springs Marathon..

OP
D

david long

tangsrud,

we would love to have you join us in Steamboat!

OP
D

david long

Evan,

I need someone to train ME for a marathon.....just did six miles on the treadmill at marathon pace......well, to be honest it was slower than marathon pace, but hey, I got it in. I have an 11 miler tomorrow....

By the way, can I still count on you to run a camera the day of the marathon?

Foldem

WKR
Is anybody planning on doing the Tough Mudder event in Beaver Creek the 8th and 9th? Myself and a couple of buddies will be there.

Kevin

GrayGhost

FNG
I signed up and will make the flight out to kill myself once again. It sure makes you feel good after the 5 days after have passed. Ahhhhhhh

OP
D

david long

Dave!!! I am there!!! Count me in!!! Whats your pace for marathons on a tread?
Evan, my marathon pace is slow......trust me! My goal for the marathon is to break the 3:30 mark, but if that is going to happen, I will need to begin doing more speed work than what I am currently doing. A more realistic goal would probably be to beat my previous best time of 3:40, but that was several years ago.

Gonna go hit the treadmill right now......11 mile run at a very easy pace....ten minute miles.

tradair1980

Lil-Rokslider
Dave look into fartleks and mile repeats and inervals they have helped me a ton! Also weight is a big one on high milage runs 4 to 5 pounds can be minutes when you get over 15 some maybe tweek you diet a bit it may supprise you?

OP
D

david long

tradair,

I will look into the fartleks.

I will be honest, my whole issue (when it comes to marathons) is a total lack of discipline. Don't get me wrong, I train and run six days a week pretty much year around right now but simply don't have the time when it comes to the high mileage runs. Too many irons in the fire!

Back when I ran the 3:40 marathon, my longest training run was 11 miles prior to the marathon. If I would actually follow a sixteen week marathon training program I think I could qualify for Boston fairly easily.......but that most likely isn't going to happen.

My weight right now is 172/173 lbs.....been there for a few weeks now. My plan is to be at 167 come race day on June 3.