Steamboat Springs Vacation Ideas

fishslap

WKR
I’m thinking about a short weekend getaway for my wife’s birthday in late September/early October. I’m familiar with the surrounding area from hunting but I’m wondering if anyone has recommendations on a nice place to stay as well as restaurants. We’ll probably take a drive through my hunting areas to catch some fall colors also. Anything else to do or see in Steamboat?

My buddy has 3 restaurants in Fort Collins and his 4th is in Steamboat - Otto Pint - great beer and craft pizza's - If you swing in tell Brian Tessari - Sean Gill sent you.

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

carmanusa

FNG
the area obviously has plenty to offer no doubt. places to stay are only determined by your budget, but if something quick id likely look to a condo on the mtn for the views even though the village is quiet at night compared to the city anymore. food, grab bite @ backdoor and don't miss salt/lime on lincoln. plenty of others if lookiing to go all out e3 on the yampa great food/service but $. pizza all over soda creek and blue sage closer to the mtn is a great bite, brunch/lunch wyonnas popular and freshies for a reuben. things to do endless popular stuff fish creek gilpin etc. personally if just short weekend id take in the relaxing views and walk and enjoy the atmosphere and food drink. again many things to do and a wonderful place.

wannabemtnman

Lil-Rokslider
I’m thinking about a short weekend getaway for my wife’s birthday in late September/early October. I’m familiar with the surrounding area from hunting but I’m wondering if anyone has recommendations on a nice place to stay as well as restaurants. We’ll probably take a drive through my hunting areas to catch some fall colors also. Anything else to do or see in Steamboat?
If you want a nicer restaurant, check out The Laundry, fantastic food and a great setting on Soda Creek. Something more casual, Taco Cabo, which is right on the Yampa and one of our favorites. We also like the upstairs at Backdoor Grill for more of a bar setting, great burgers and it's first come but upstairs is fun. Enjoy, we love Steamboat. Lots of great Airbnb's, VRBO's and some pretty good hotel options.

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
Thanks guys. Lots of good recommendations. One night we’ll probably hit one of the higher end restaurant recommendations. I think we’ll be looking at lodging at a nice hotel. We’ll be looking to keep it simple but cost isn’t an issue. It’s her 50th and my.......42nd birthday.

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
Thanks guys. I booked us at the steamboat grand for late September. We have lots of ideas for things to do and places to eat now. I plan to drive the wife through my hunting area to see some fall colors and show her the ridiculousness I go through to keep the freezer full of elk.

If you want a nicer restaurant, check out The Laundry, fantastic food and a great setting on Soda Creek. Something more casual, Taco Cabo, which is right on the Yampa and one of our favorites. We also like the upstairs at Backdoor Grill for more of a bar setting, great burgers and it's first come but upstairs is fun. Enjoy, we love Steamboat. Lots of great Airbnb's, VRBO's and some pretty good hotel options.

My wife and I go to those 3 places everytime we are in town. Great recommendations!

cedahm

FNG
Great places above.

Would add Aurum for high-end, and Mountain Tap on Yampa for excellent "gastropub" food and decent beer.

If you're into beer - Storm Peak on the West end and Butcherknife a few blocks up 129 are both good as well (I personally think Storm Peak is putting out better beer than the others, but the space @ Butcherknife is great).