Steiner HX 10x56 vs 10x42 -- Has anyone compared them?

Hey all,
Width-of-field alone isn't enough for me. But if the 10x56 model is optically better than the 10x42 version in ways other than just width-of-field, I would happily lug them around. So my question is this: Has anyone had the chance to compare the HX 10x56 to the HX 10x42 binoculars by Steiner?

Last edited:

timberbuck

Lil-Rokslider
I tried a 10x56 night hunter XP roof against several quality 10x42's and noticed no advantage in low light or in resolution. Your results may vary.

I would skip the Steiner optics-IMO and look at other premium brands.

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry won't be much help but seems like Steiners get very little love, at least on the internet, he,he. Picked up a pair of the Wildlife XP from Cameraland just because the price was great, they seem really well built, comfortable, and clear, but can't find very much in reviews anywhere. Wouldn't those two be the same optically but the 56 should definitely be brighter in low light?

I have to 10 x 42's. Used them on an elk hunt last year, guide had the same. I really liked them. Never tried the 56's. You are right not much info!!!!

They were crisp and clear and the detail I could see compared to my older Pentax was amazing. Being an east coast hunter for the most part these should last me forever...lol.