Steiner Predator 4 scope

Xycod

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience with these. Glass and what not. Mainly curious as to how that stack up to the Zeiss v4/6 and Leupold vx5’s/6’s as glass goes. Not worried about dials or adjustment as long as they’re durable. Hard to find any reviews other than he said she said.

nobody

WKR
Never messed with the Steiner scopes, but keep in mind glass means nothing if the scope doesn't hold zero. And the Zeiss V4/6 and Leupold VX-Series are well known to have tracking, RTZ, and zero retention issues. You say you're not dialing, but you require durability. Neither of the options you're comparing to are scopes I would call "durable" in ANY sense of the word.

Not sure how much you've been paying attention to these evaluations, but if I was you, I'd follow this sub-forum closely in your research. Maybe the Steiner is phenomenal, I have no idea. But if you spend any time going through these tests, it'll be eye opening to see how poor most scopes perform when it comes to doing real "scope things." As long as the glass is "good enough" to not keep you from being successful and making a hit, that should be good enough. Because beyond that, a scope has one job: hold zero so you can make repeatable hits, day in and day out. Period.

OP
X

Xycod

Lil-Rokslider
Man just looking a cheaper hunting scope in the v4 vx5 range with a decent fov which is hard to come by. I’ve run about every scope made from USO, Schmidt, Leupold, Zeiss/Hensoldt, Swaro, NF, March, you name it, for a lot of years, a lot. I’m good on the upper end stuff, just curious about this scope to go on an old rifle I was left. I’ve seen a few pretty cheap lately I just haven’t found much info on them. Never owned anything Steiner. And yeah I agree of course, if it doesn’t work/track, hold zero it’s useless. Yeah probably better stay clear, be better off with a good Japan scope.

Last edited:

McCrapper

Lil-Rokslider
I keep coming back to this scope. I know Steiner makes good Binos and I’ve looked through the Steiner GS3 scope which is nice. Not much real world info on it right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk