Step up from the Door Gunner

Singleshot

Lil-Rokslider
I have a kifaru door gunner that I have been using early season and like how it is a slim design. What would be a good step up for carrying a little more gear for my later season hunts and still have the slimmer design? I was looking at the 14’r or maybe a spike camp. Any opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running a Spike Camp as my Door Gunner "big brother" pack. Been perfect for that little extra room needs. I had a 14'er and it worked well also.

Having both a Spike Camp and 14'er at the same time seemed redundant so I posted both for sale and the 14'er sold first. You won't go wrong with either pack you grab.

OP
S

Singleshot

Lil-Rokslider
Does the spike camp have a slim profile like the door gunner?

Does the spike camp have a slim profile like the door gunner?

Yes, it's a slimmer profile like the 14'r but it does have a slightly wider bottom than the top. The 14'r is more cylindrical while the spike camp flares out a little at the bottom. Still an overall slim pack though. I'll shoot a couple of pics for you when I get home tomorrow.

Athame

Lil-Rokslider
camp8.jpg
camp5.jpg
camp1.jpg
antero sc 2.jpg

The first 3 pics I took this Spring. The last pic is iirc Bender's. I lifted it from the old Kifaru forum
when I was contemplating which of the two packs to buy.

Squirrels

WKR
I have had a door gunner, never had an Antero, and I just picked up a Shape Charge. In short, I'd say the Shape Charge are the boobs of day packs that I have tried. You know what Joe Dirt said about boobs don't you...