Steripen

KRB

FNG
Looking into getting a steripen and wondering which model people have had the best experiences with.
I use an MSR trail shot water filter.
Usually do 1-3 day hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the rechargeable ultra and like it. 1-3 days for one person wouldn’t be a problem on one charge. 90 sec a L but better than the hand cramps you get with the trail shot. Also don’t have to worry about it freezing but do need to be aware it’s not recommended for cloudy water.

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
Classic here too, on my 4th year with it, I change the batteries at the beginning of the summer and they usually last me through archery season and I use it a lot. Couple buddies have the ultra and they've had good luck with it. IIRC I think the only ones I've really heard of people having a lot of issues with is the adventurer model, seems like the bulbs don't last very long in them.

I have the Ultra and love having the rechargeable battery. I carry a battery pack anyway, so it makes it easy to recharge if I ever needed to.

Brendan

WKR
Classic with Double A's. Much prefer it to rechargeable, because carrying an extra set of Lithium batteries is light, and does double duty with my AA headlamp.

Can't remember which one, but one of the rechargeables was a model people had issues with. Adventurer maybe?

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is pushing 15 years old, I think it was probably the only model back then. Still works great. A couple years ago i purified and drank a bunch of water from a really little stream, then walked a couple hundred yards upstream and found a nasty rotting dead elk in the stream and didn't get sick.

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
Mine is pushing 15 years old, I think it was probably the only model back then. Still works great. A couple years ago i purified and drank a bunch of water from a really little stream, then walked a couple hundred yards upstream and found a nasty rotting dead elk in the stream and didn't get sick.

little extra protein in that water

bline

FNG
I've used the classic for two years now and really like it. I had an issue on one trip where a couple times it wouldn't register that it was submerged in water which was frustrating, but I learned later that if that happens you just need to dry the metal probes that detect water and then it works fine. Like Brendan said, I also have a headlamp that uses AA, so I don't have to carry multiple battery sizes which was a big selling point for me.