Stick n String

coOverwatch

Well Known Rokslider
So I guess it is time to upgrade by bow. Some hunting buddies went out last month and outfitted themselves with some new bows. Cannot remember what they got but want to go out this season and giver a try. I have access to land owner tags so I was the go to guy for a B or C Colorado deer or cow tag as we are already set for A and B elk and an A deer.

Pictured below is the compound I won back in 1985ish at a fund raiser. I know it will do the trick once tuned up for putting down a doe.. but want to get a more modern setup. So being a complete newbie what are the main things I need to watch for? What I am looking for doesn't have to be the latest and greatest or brand new. So help a brother out … Trying to keep things under $500 as the tax man came knocking on my door this year.

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

ckleeves

Well Known Rokslider
I would hit up the classifieds over on Archerytalk. Lots of guys upgrade every year and you can get some awesome deals on used bows. I would check out bows like the Hoyt Alphamax, Mathews SBXT, Bowtech Destroyer etc. All great bows that are a few years old and you should be able to pick up a loaded one for under your budget.

WyoBowhunter21

Well Known Rokslider
I would take the advice listed. No need to buy new until you sure you will like it. Some people don't like compound. You usually can find a complete set up of last years model for way less then just the brand new bow.