stock for win mod 70

hello guys I have a new win mod 70 in 300 win mag and would like to put it in a quality synthetic stock. any help would be appreciated. I have looked at hs precision but they don't make one for the new mod 70 feather light.

Hardstalk

WKR
Bell and Carlson. I put one on a recent mod 70 build and really like the stock. They had a fast turn around also.

Note: my mod 70 is a 1965 so they may vary a bit?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I have found Bell and Carlson to be the best value in a quality composite stock. I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

Snipershirt

Lil-Rokslider
I have found Bell and Carlson to be the best value in a quality composite stock. I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

X2. Got one on a mod 70 325 WSM and I'm about to order another for my Remington .280. Love them, great quality and fairly light weight.

Stid2677

WKR
I have a Winchester feather weight and have a it mounted on a McMillan WINCHESTER FEATHERWEIGHT.

http://www.mcmfamily.com/mcmillan-stocks-hunting-stock-list.php?subnav=branch2h

IMGP1626.jpg

AZ Vince

WKR
I was going to suggest a McMillan Edge. :cool:
That's what my Gunsmith suggested when I recently asked him about stocks, synthetic, but we opted to stick with wood for my .338 Win Mag. He's going to oil it real good and I'll apply wax to the blue parts. He's had a lot of rifles in Alaska, and while they aren't as functional as a synthetic, there is something classy about a good wood stock. Your opinion may differ.