Stocking foot waders… proper stocking fit??

Picked up a pair of Simms G3 waders and the stocking foot I went with is for shoe sizes 12-13. I typically wear a 12.

Per Simms recommendation I went with a 13 wading boot, the Flyweight.

Here’s my issue… once laced up the boot is a bit snug in the toe while wearing waders.

With just a waterproof sock (Sealskinz) it’s too big.

I feel like the boot is probably the right size, but that the neoprene stocking foot (for shoe size 12-13) might be a bit too big and that excess material is why it feels too tight.

How snug should the stocking foot be to your skin?

Other part of problem is my left foot is a full 1/2 size bigger than right. Right foot feels fine. Left feels tight at big toe.

Ordering a 14 boot sounds absurd and I know it is. Curious what i should do here.

OP
P
I’m just a little obsessed with the weight. I called Sam’s today. They said try the 14s. That just seems crazy to me to wear 12 shoe.

OP
P
What type of socks do most of you wear with your stocking waders?

I now have in my possession the G3 guide boot, the Flyweight and Orvis ultra light.

With a thick smart wool that are all too tight. I think the Orvis being the tightest, but also the most uniform snugness. All 13 and I wear a 12 shoe / boot. Feel like the 14 Orvis might be the ticket. But could likely be comfortable with the 13 if I could get by with a thin sock into waders.

This is getting silly.
B7A0136B-306A-4D4A-8851-66AB80C5C0B2.jpeg