Stoeger 3500 Info for Potential Buyers

BDRam16

WKR
Like the others, I have to 100% disagree. My 3500 has ran flawlessly with anything other than Walmart target loads, and those are about 50/50. I’ve ran ran my gun below 0* with no issues multiple times. I beat the ever living crap out of mine and have had no problems. I take my gun apart after every wet trip and let it sit and dry. I’ve been incredibly happy with my purchase.

OP
Slugz

Slugz

WKR
Like the others, I have to 100% disagree. My 3500 has ran flawlessly with anything other than Walmart target loads, and those are about 50/50. I’ve ran ran my gun below 0* with no issues multiple times. I beat the ever living crap out of mine and have had no problems. I take my gun apart after every wet trip and let it sit and dry. I’ve been incredibly happy with my purchase.
Glad it works well for you.

Yeah I have the 3500 as well. They can definitely be hit or miss for some reason. I cleaned the grease off mine as soon as I got it and gave it a light re-lube. Recently put on the Mcarbo spring kit and the trigger pull is much nicer now. Really only use mine for turkey so I'm not putting as many rounds through it as some of the waterfowl guys. But as a turkey gun its been an awesome buy especially with the upgraded trigger kit.

OP
Slugz

Slugz

WKR
Yeah I think hit or miss is spot on.
We ran em the past 4 hunts complete dry. Cleaned after each hunt. I only put graphite on the bolt rails. That seemed to work the best.

Overdrive

WKR
Had good luck with my 3500, only had one time it wouldn't cycle because of cold weather and that day all the guns in our pit failed, Benelli, SX4, Franchi. I mainly use my 3500 for turkey now, I use a Franchi infinity 20 gauge for waterfowl don't need a 12 gauge if you decoy birds.