Stolen moose antlers

I was with a buddy on a self guided Alaskan moose hunt a few days back. He killed a non resident legal bull on our hunt. We went back to our hotel near the airport in Anchorage. The laquinta inn and suites is where we stayed. My buddies antlers were stolen out of the pickup Wednesday night from this location.

Police reports have been filed. Also we stopped at the Alaska fur company and left photos of the antlers. A few hours after we left there we got an email saying someone stopped in to try and sell the antlers but they got suspicious and bailed with the antlers before anyone could do anything. They did get plate numbers and a vehicle description. These people were driving a Silver Honda Odyssey Alaska plate number GLX451.

I figured it wouldn’t hurt to post this on here to get the issue a bit more exposure.

Word of advice Don’t leave your antlers or anything else of value in your vehicle while staying in anchorage. I didn’t realize antler theft was a huge issue until this last trip to Alaska. The way it sounds this happens all of the time these days.

3da0f98c61e1d5ba793d4b2e3d27dc13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
Wow. Sorry to hear that. I’ll be honest and say that I am not surprised. It happens everywhere. Anchorage isn’t the most prosperous place with a lot of not local traffic. I’ll leave it at that. Lot’s of people looking for easy money and petty theft is just that.
I hope they are recovered, and that you have reported the theft to the authorities.
Jeremy

Anchorage certainly isn't the town I grew up in. It's very sad, it was once a nice town. Thieves are the scum of the earth, and we seem to have an overabundance of them here. I am sorry to hear your buddies antlers were stolen, I'll keep an eye out.

VernAK

WKR
The Anchorage of yore had it's criminal element but not all the petty theft and drug crime of today. Your antlers would soon be sold for a fix of sorts.

brsnow

WKR
At the end of the day he has pictures and memories, this just adds to the story. You live and you learn.

TheGDog

WKR
GDog- to answer your rhetorical question. Yes. He did.

To add, he obviously doesn’t need any berating.

Was more of just me being stunned by such a move. I grew up ghetto... so anything that wasn't bolted-down or locked to something... was gone! And even stuff that was bolted-down or locked to other things STILL eventually got Gone! Like when you occasionally lucked out and got a new bicycle for Christmas growin' up? For like 2 or 3 months after Christmas Mom wouldn't let us take em to the park, because the theives know kids get Xmas bikes. Not only that? After awhile you learned to just right-away spray-paint 'em ugly grey-primer so they wouldn't look all shiny and new so those same mofos would go for the shiny new looking bikes instead. And like... if you got adventurous and made the longer trip on bike to the Carson Mall? You learn to put some money in this sock...some in that sock ...some in this pocket...some in that pocket... some in back pocket.. some in the other back pocket. That way if you got punked, typically by folks that didn't look like you, if ya feel me there... you would just offer up what was in the one pocket and play all boo-hoo and sh*t until they left. Then that way you weren't left busted-and-disgusted.

It's not berating, it's elders saying things in a non-chalant way to get the younger ones thinking a little more cautiously.

Had the shell of my truck jacked open and full pack ( with tent, bag, stove, everything) stolen in the Dimond Center parking lot in broad daylight once....about thieves, all I can say is, may their genitals rot off.....slowly.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Lol @ leaving anything of value in your car in anchorage....

Sorry that happened to you though, hopefully you get it back.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Our hotel room in Alaska looked like the inside of an elk camp wall tent. I bought the extra car rental insurance because I didn’t think the rental vehicle would still be there in the morning. Easier for the losers to steal than to have a job. America 2020. What should we expect?

OP
AlexEnderson
Yea lesson learned I guess. I’ll never leave anything in the vehicle, not even antlers when I am staying at a hotel.

Either way it was a great experience, and a great hunt.