Stolen moose antlers

This is a big bummer to say the least, and as others have mentioned, unfortunately Anchorage isn’t the only place in AK that you need to be worried about stuff walking away. I hope your buddy is able to recover them, but the even if not, he still has the memories, pictures, and a freezer full of wonderful meat, which IMO is the best trophy of all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris B

Lil-Rokslider
Damn , that aucks ass ! Always wondered what I would if I caught someone lifting my shit ......

NUGGET

WKR
You strike me as a fat ass piece of good for nothing shit. But sure I’ll throw up a few live, keep in mind I don’t drive mine out with a truck, I pack them.
You pack them all the way to your house? Wow that’s hardcore. I guess if I did that I would have a pissed in your Cheerios attitude like yourself.

Post em up. Sorry I don’t have pics of any in trucks etc because I bring them out on my back...

Jauwater

WKR
Growing up I always had this thought in my head of Alaska being free of crime. Full of people who are self sufficient. People who enjoy individual freedoms, and liberty. Hearing about the crime up there is disheartening. Thievery is so low in my book. Just blows my mind to hear about it. Sry for yalls loss. I’ll definitely keep this in mind if I ever make it up there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VernAK

WKR
Growing up I always had this thought in my head of Alaska being free of crime. Full of people who are self sufficient. People who enjoy individual freedoms, and liberty. Hearing about the crime up there is disheartening. Thievery is so low in my book. Just blows my mind to hear about it. Sry for yalls loss. I’ll definitely keep this in mind if I ever make it up there.

Many of us don't consider Los Anchorage as Alaska........

AKBorn

WKR
I was with a buddy on a self guided Alaskan moose hunt a few days back. He killed a non resident legal bull on our hunt. We went back to our hotel near the airport in Anchorage. The laquinta inn and suites is where we stayed. My buddies antlers were stolen out of the pickup Wednesday night from this location.

Police reports have been filed. Also we stopped at the Alaska fur company and left photos of the antlers. A few hours after we left there we got an email saying someone stopped in to try and sell the antlers but they got suspicious and bailed with the antlers before anyone could do anything. They did get plate numbers and a vehicle description. These people were driving a Silver Honda Odyssey Alaska plate number GLX451.

I figured it wouldn’t hurt to post this on here to get the issue a bit more exposure.

Word of advice Don’t leave your antlers or anything else of value in your vehicle while staying in anchorage. I didn’t realize antler theft was a huge issue until this last trip to Alaska. The way it sounds this happens all of the time these days.

3da0f98c61e1d5ba793d4b2e3d27dc13.jpg

Sorry that some piece of SH#$ stole some of your stuff. If it's any consolation - you have the pics and the memories, and the meat, which in my opinion are the real trophies anyway.

I have hunted remote AK for moose and caribou about 15 times over the past 2 decades, and never kept a set of antlers from the animals that I shot. I did bring the first set back from AK back in 2002, realized that I wasn't into mounts, and gave them to the guy that went with me on that hunt. Never brought a set home after that. I CAN tell you that when you move, it's a HE$% of a lot easier to move photos than wall mounted animal heads lol.

Best of luck on the rest of your fall hunts, and hope the antlers turn up.

Yea lesson learned I guess. I’ll never leave anything in the vehicle, not even antlers when I am staying at a hotel.

Either way it was a great experience, and a great hunt.

Sucks!

I knew this young kid (20 ish) who harvested a really nice 6x7 elk. Took him 3 days to get it out. He was solo. He had the rack in his back yard letting it dry out. Gone!

Unfortunately, you can't leave anything of value, within reach, of POS humans. Nothing new but this is a good reminder to keep my stuff locked up and out of visual of POS humans.

If it's not clear I think those who steal are a POS.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Most of Alaska is like that, just not anchorage or the valley.

Maybe when it comes to theft, but when you're talking about sexual assault/rape, and violent crime, Alaska leads the nation (per capita), and we hold that distinct honor thanks to many of our fine villages.

Last edited:

NUGGET

WKR
Riiiight. Say that to people that park their vehicles by delta junction, cooper center etc etc. glad to see you posting after your night of drinking @thinhorn_AK. Still waiting on those moose pics...

Anozira

WKR
That is a hard loss to swallow. A moose hunt would be a once in a lifetime hunt for some people (me) and it would make me sick to my stomach if that happened.

We stayed in a Durango hotel on the way home last year. I was afraid of that happening to me so I took my elk rack to bed with me.

1D8DB015-1657-47E8-8060-C950A662387F.jpeg

I see you filed a police report and assume they have pictures of the moose rack. Call every pawn shop or antler buyer in the area and send them each a picture or two of the moose rack. Folks will sell them as fast as they can to make some money to buy their alcohol and drugs with. The pawn shops and buyers don't want to purchase stolen stuff and are pretty good about helping out with things of this nature. I would not sit on it and make sure to do this soon if not right now. It might be worth your time.

Might be worth it to let nearby communities know as well. Good luck getting them back.
David