Stolen Trail Cam SD Cards MT Unit 300

steelhder

FNG
Been Scouting all year in this unit in Montana. Brought my young boys up on half a dozen backpacking trips over the summer. They helped set 10 trail cams over a couple different basins. Well upon returning to remove them for the season we got to the last 3 and the SD cards were removed. These guys didn't see the other cams on the same game trail. I thought hunters would have a little more class to just let them be but i guess not. I'll see you guys during the rifle opener!STC_0286.JPGSTC_0283.JPG

Attachments

• STC_0287.JPG
    STC_0287.JPG
    420.4 KB · Views: 56
That crap makes me mad!! Take it out look at it and put it back in I don’t care just don’t take my sd cards or cameras!!! Hope you catch the “sob’s”

OP
S

steelhder

FNG
That crap makes me mad!! Take it out look at it and put it back in I don’t care just don’t take my sd cards or cameras!!! Hope you catch the “sob’s”
Thanks. I hate that stuff. I havent seen another soul in there since last april.

MTElk1987

FNG
Happened to us this year as well. We had 5 cameras out looking for moose (uncle drew a tag here in MT) and two cards were stolen towards the end of the summer.

jmez

WKR
Nothing worse than a thief. They should be struck repeatedly about the head and ears with a cured pine stick.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Ace531

FNG
I feel your pain. I just had a card stolen this summer on our own private property. My guess was someone was probably poaching during spring turkey season. What an a$$hole.

bushwalt

FNG
That's so frustrating. Maybe whoever stole your sd cards will get mauled by a grizz.

I learned a couple years ago that there is a regulation prohibiting leaving trail cameras on public land like Forest Service or BLM. It may be different on state land but the federal regulation says, "private property unattended for more than 24 hours is unlawful." It mostly applies to camping equipment, vehicles etc but as far as I know trail cameras are included in that. Just a heads up, the FS or BLM could remove cameras citing that regulation.

bushwalt

FNG
I feel your pain. I just had a card stolen this summer on our own private property. My guess was someone was probably poaching during spring turkey season. What an a$$hole.

That's pretty cruddy of people to not only trespass but to steal on your property. A friend of mine had a couple cameras stolen on his private property so he set up a "decoy" camera while concealing the camera that ended up getting high quality pictures of the thieves stealing the decoy. He provided good evidence to the county sheriffs office and those 2 men ended up in legal trouble following the incident. You could try that method and see if it works.

That's unfortunte, but i guess //sarcasm// you were hunting "their area". Look at the card if you must, and put it back. Enough animals for everyone to go around, especially in archery season.

KHNC

WKR
Well, since its MT, you probably WILL see them during rifle! Good luck!