Stone Glacier 2022 Clothing

topher89

WKR
They haven't posted about it yet but Stone Glacier has some of their new apparel up on the website. Some of it is new colors for existing products but there is some awesome new gear up. A synthetic jacket, down vest and more merino offerings.

I ordered the Cirque Jacket and the merino hoody. I am also interested in the down vest but want to hear some sizing reports first.

slowelk

WKR
I preordered the lightweight synthetic hoody for early season stuff.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
The fill weight in the vest is listed the same as the fill weight in the jacket, 5.3 oz. Can that be right?

Wapiti151

WKR
That cirque jacket looks amazing. That should be the piece I’ve been looking for to replace my nano air active insulation. Damnit. Why’d I read this…

jd1006

WKR
the synthetic jacket has 130 fill vs the 90 in the Kuiu Kenai, much warmer and not real packable. Looks like a layer that you wear when you are leaving it on.

Wapiti151

WKR
the synthetic jacket has 130 fill vs the 90 in the Kuiu Kenai, much warmer and not real packable. Looks like a layer that you wear when you are leaving it on.
You’re right, does seem to be a bit much for active use upon looking at it more. I wonder how this compares to the Sitka Kelvin Aerolite

You’re right, does seem to be a bit much for active use upon looking at it more. I wonder how this compares to the Sitka Kelvin Aerolite

I believe it has more insulation than aerolite so should be warmer. Also has put zips which would help in active use.

jd1006

WKR
The clothes aren’t made in USA. It’s Vietnam. I’ve never seen anything where they claim to be USA-made with the clothing line. I know they do on the Packs. I try to buy USA-made where possible, and where the advantage in quality is real. I think some companies do a great job sourcing their overseas products (Sitka) and get great quality. I find the SG pieces that I do have to be great quality, so I don’t hesitate to buy. Kuiu‘s clothing is this way, too. I’m not trying to derail this thread, but if the concern is overseas-made crap, SG has not shown a track record of this.

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
That cirque jacket looks amazing. That should be the piece I’ve been looking for to replace my nano air active insulation. Damnit. Why’d I read this…
Curious what made consider using this to replace active insulation?

I would imagine a nano air (fullrange) or polartec alpha would allow for much better moisture management than Primaloft Gold.

jd1006

WKR
On the black label presentation, they were pretty insistent that the Cirque was designed for those needed insulation in wet environments (Pacific NW, Alaska, etc). It’s like a beefier version of the Kenai from Kuiu.

I think they weren’t designing that with active insulation in mind…

Maybe its just me, but active insulation can be achieved pretty easily with good baselayers/fleece and a wind stopping vest. Once you stop moving, if it is colder, just throw on your puffy and you’ll burn yourself dry.

SG doesn’t have a wind stopping vest yet.