Stone Glacier 2022 Clothing

JaegerWI

FNG
@Kurt any plans for a SG wind stopper vest? Love the new merino hoody and would love to pair it with a dehavilland or similar material vest.

jd1006

WKR
In defense of their current merino baselayer…it’s thin enough that you probably wouldn’t need to be taking it off. But on the thicker base layers, you definitely want that option because you probably aren’t hiking far in them unless it’s ridiculously cold.

jbwright

WKR
Classified Approved
Ordered the Grumman vests and love them

Size Medium, fits athletic

I’m 5’11 170 pounds (athletic build) w/31-32” waist
Second this on sizing - picked up the Grumman jacket and fits great. Good sleeve length too for a medium, doesn't ride up like i've found other medium's
6' 165 lbs and athletic w/ 31-32" waist

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
Well I wore my cirque twice now at elevation. Last week at 3100’, 30 degrees and 25 mph winds. Then again yesterday at 4300’, 5 degrees and 35 mph winds (below zero wind chill). Both trips were above treeline and exposed. It performed amazing for both trips. I waited until just before breaking treeline to put it on. Underneath I had on just a thin UA heat gear t shirt and heavyweight blackovis merino top. I wasn’t cold and never felt the wind once I put on the cirque. My only gripe still is that it’s not packable. It takes up a bunch of room in my pack but I’m okay with it since I had no need for a hard shell over it.
8047cc86bba50308b38940ada3f94bc4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sr80

WKR
Well I wore my cirque twice now at elevation. Last week at 3100’, 30 degrees and 25 mph winds. Then again yesterday at 4300’, 5 degrees and 35 mph winds (below zero wind chill). Both trips were above treeline and exposed. It performed amazing for both trips. I waited until just before breaking treeline to put it on. Underneath I had on just a thin UA heat gear t shirt and heavyweight blackovis merino top. I wasn’t cold and never felt the wind once I put on the cirque. My only gripe still is that it’s not packable. It takes up a bunch of room in my pack but I’m okay with it since I had no need for a hard shell over it.

packability is kind of the trade off with synthetic vs down

sneaky

"DADDY"

If I leave my house I have to go down to those elevations you went up to lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TXCO

WKR
I ordered several of the new items. I wear a large in sitka/kuiu for reference. To be honest, Ive struggled with SG’s sizing and consistency in the past. I already own a grumman jacket in xl which is big on its own but perfect for throwing over all other layers while glassing. I could never get a dehaviland or m5 jacket/pant to fit well. They were always super tight, especially in the waist and butt and seemed to get longer not wider as you upsized. I think at one point, I was in a XXL to close the zipper on the bottom of the jackets. I haven’t tried the new cut of the dehav jacket yet.

The cirque jacket in size L fit me great. I loved this jacket and compare it to a slightly beefier original kuiu kenai. Great all day layering piece.

Grumman vest in L was skin tight. I lost all loft and had no chance to wear it over other clothes. I was very disappointed in this especially compared to the sizing of the cirque.

Last edited:

Turkeyfreak12

Lil-Rokslider
The fit of the dehaviland I feel is perfect now. I wear a large normally so I ordered a large and it fits over the clothing I needed it for. Was also impressed with just the jacket and a first lite wick underneath in the low 30s while hiking.

sr80

WKR
The fit of the dehaviland I feel is perfect now. I wear a large normally so I ordered a large and it fits over the clothing I needed it for. Was also impressed with just the jacket and a first lite wick underneath in the low 30s while hiking.
yah i agree, the new fit of the DH jacket is spot on. I also had one of the originals, tried a large, tried and XL and like mentioned before they seemed to just get longer. But i have a new one and its perfect.

Hicksy

FNG
I am new to SG stuff and ordered several items in the last few weeks. I got the grumman vest in medium I. Wish I would have gone Large. I am 5’10 185 32” waist. It still fits ok but wish I would have gave myself a little more room.

josef

FNG
yah i agree, the new fit of the DH jacket is spot on. I also had one of the originals, tried a large, tried and XL and like mentioned before they seemed to just get longer. But i have a new one and its perfect.
How is the neck/face area when its zipped all the way up? I have 2 other jackets from SG and find their necks to be really tight to the point where I never zip them up all the way.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
How is the neck/face area when its zipped all the way up? I have 2 other jackets from SG and find their necks to be really tight to the point where I never zip them up all the way.

I was just going to post about this today. It’s too tight, for me, so I almost laughed when I read your post. I’ve tried to get along with it, but after using the Atom series, which has the most perfect neck/collar ever (for me), it’s just quite restrictive. The diameter at the neck is just so small on the Cirque. With the DeHavilland there’s more stretch so less of an issue. I’m with you - most of the time can’t zip all the way up. It’s better zipped all they way when you’re wearing the hood.

It bothers me - but still better than the super short Kuiu collars, to me at least.

Vandy321

WKR
I'm 5'10 about 175-180 depending on the season and athletically built.

Just bought the cirque jacket and I'm torn on the medium. It fits, and it fits with a base and thin mid layer under it, but this is going to be an outter layer for me 99% of the time and I'd like to be able to fit puffy under it for extreme cold sits.

I like the little bit of the tail/extra length, it just feels ever so snug when on. The folks at SG say I'll be swimming in the large.

Anyone else in tweener land on sizing and can help offer a suggestion either way? This happens with the grumman jacket too...the large was pretty big off the shoulders and the medium was small enough I felt the down was compressing when I sat down and leaned forward to glass.

I was a large in my Atom AR (medium right now in the Cirque) and am thinking i may go back to that Atom. I only sold it because I needed a grey color for work, and mine was black. It was a little less athletically cut, but the large wasn't huge.

Bottom line i guess, SGs stuff seems to be all over the map. I'm a small in their DH pants to keep the legs from swishing. A medium in their base layers is pretty tight up top, but the way I like my base to fit. Puffy pants are a medium, so are my helio pants. Nothing really seems to fit what I'd call true to size or consistent from piece to piece.

I'm a huge SG fan, but the sizing is certainly frustrating.

Last edited:

Vandy321

WKR
I ordered several of the new items. I wear a large in sitka/kuiu for reference. To be honest, Ive struggled with SG’s sizing and consistency in the past. I already own a grumman jacket in xl which is big on its own but perfect for throwing over all other layers while glassing. I could never get a dehaviland or m5 jacket/pant to fit well. They were always super tight, especially in the waist and butt and seemed to get longer not wider as you upsized. I think at one point, I was in a XXL to close the zipper on the bottom of the jackets. I haven’t tried the new cut of the dehav jacket yet.

The cirque jacket in size L fit me great. I loved this jacket and compare it to a slightly beefier original kuiu kenai. Great all day layering piece.

Grumman vest in L was skin tight. I lost all loft and had no chance to wear it over other clothes. I was very disappointed in this especially compared to the sizing of the cirque.

Height/weight/build?

jd1006

WKR
I’m 5’10’’, 175lbs and I have somewhat similar issues with the sizing. I’ll say that the medium/large option on the pants is a big improvement. The tops seem to be more trim fit with a taper, which works great for baselayers, but not as great for the outer layers. I also have a short torso which doesn’t help.

sr80

WKR
ive been using the enduro hoody quite a bit on hikes since ive got it. Probably have 7 good days in it. Im really like it. I wasnt washing it either just to see how it handled the stink, and i was pretty impressed with how well it didnt stink up. Not as good as merino obviously but the Polygiene does work. The shirt has a different feel than most hunting company tops ive used, not like a sitka core series, feels light a tight woven cotten shirt, but it isnt cotton. Reminds me of one of my wifes lululemon workout tops. Super comfortable, usable thumb loops due to the long sleeves. Its a keeper for me!

slowelk

WKR
ive been using the enduro hoody quite a bit on hikes since ive got it. Probably have 7 good days in it. Im really like it. I wasnt washing it either just to see how it handled the stink, and i was pretty impressed with how well it didnt stink up. Not as good as merino obviously but the Polygiene does work. The shirt has a different feel than most hunting company tops ive used, not like a sitka core series, feels light a tight woven cotten shirt, but it isnt cotton. Reminds me of one of my wifes lululemon workout tops. Super comfortable, usable thumb loops due to the long sleeves. Its a keeper for me!

Agreed on the material feel, I mentioned it earlier in this thread. My assessment is that it feels less technical, but your description of "like a tightly woven cotton shirt" is a better description. I believe it will be much more durable than the sitka core lightweight material. Fit is very good. I'm 6', 200# athletic and the Large fits well, similar but slightly more roomy than the sitka LT.