Stone Glacier 2022 Clothing

slowelk

WKR
I have verified also that their clothing is made in Vietnam, except for their Merino items, which are made in China

This is correct. Personally I am totally OK with stuff made in Vietnam and other Asian countries other than China. I am not sure of another significant production source of Merino than China unfortunately. Luckily, I don't wear much merino other than head and neck wear, but it would be nice.

Asian countries produce a higher quality product for less in the realm of textiles. No doubt about it.

TxA

FNG
Hoping they are able to get items stocked back soon. The Cirque is intriguing.

j33

WKR
This is correct. Personally I am totally OK with stuff made in Vietnam and other Asian countries other than China. I am not sure of another significant production source of Merino than China unfortunately. Luckily, I don't wear much merino other than head and neck wear, but it would be nice.

Asian countries produce a higher quality product for less in the realm of textiles. No doubt about it.
For the merino I have, Kuiu Merino is made in Vietnam while First Lite and Black Ovis are also China

slick

WKR
I really wished their jacket was only 1/2 or 1/4 zip... and had a muff pocket with zippers so that you can attach your pack waist belt through the pocket and or utilize them for pockets but with the additional option of closing it up.

Or if kifaru would just put zippers on their dang LPP pocket.

Lowg08

WKR
I just updated my post. I meant 4oz lighter. Not a huge deal just wanted to correct it.
I can seem to type or even speak correctly today. I wanted to talk about the jacket but was looking at The pack and had a moment

Hmm I didn’t realize they’ve made some good changes to the Dehavilland jacket. I’ve got the pants them things are beasts! Gonna order the jacket now when they are available

sneaky

"DADDY"
I really wished their jacket was only 1/2 or 1/4 zip... and had a muff pocket with zippers so that you can attach your pack waist belt through the pocket and or utilize them for pockets but with the additional option of closing it up.

Or if kifaru would just put zippers on their dang LPP pocket.
Or you can just buy a Nunatak and be done with it. Made in USA to your specs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
The DH light pants aren't new, but anybody know if they have that same kinda flare bottom as the DHs?

not sure how I feel about thar, but I do like my DHs, other than that extra material in the lower legs

Wapiti151

WKR
FYI, i called SG today asking specifically about the Cirque jacket. I burned some holes in my patagonia nano puff this year...tenacious tape did it's job, but was playing with replacing. I use my active insulation over my BL and if its below 30 or so i will generally hike in it. I asked SG about this today and how well in has performed when packing during their tests. From what they told me, it performs very well during active or packing situations. You'll obviously sweat, but the pit zips should work really well to dump that excess heat. The insulation is uniform throughout, not mapped for a pack or in the seat. Interestingly too, the face fabric is made by the same company who makes the face fabric on the grumman, apparently it borders a water-proof rating but still breathes well. I will be trying out as a potential replacement for my nano puff, even though it's a bit heavier. Will see! Thanks to Joe at SG for answering my questions, love their CS.

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
I contacted SG about the cirque because I need a insulation layer for peak bagging in the white mountains of N.H. I was told that standalone I’d be comfortable down 0 degrees with it. I’m looking at getting that and the M7 for ultimate insulation without bulk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I got one in the mail yesterday. I’ve had (and tried on) quite a few insulation jackets so have a few thoughts right away on it.

- If you’re looking to buy one, the closest jacket to it that I know of to it is an Atom AR from Arctyrex, for comparison purposes of where it might “fit” in use. I always thinks it helps when companies talk about “why” they design things certain ways, so hopefully SG puts more out there like that.
- insulation is 133g/sm and not “mapped” meaning it is that weight everywhere. That contributed to why it’s not 15 oz or so and closer to 21. The Atom AR is 120 g/sm in some areas, 80 in some, and 60 in a few spots.
- fit is exactly like the revised DeHavilland jacket fit. Which is good.
- it’s significantly more coverage on fit than a lot of other jackets you might be comparing to like a Sitka aerolight, Kuiu kenai, Patagonia synthetic like nano series. Collar is very high and nice. I took of photo of a gen 2 kenai on top of it which really illustrates the size. Both mediums.
- pit zips add weight and the Kuiu kenai has them as well. This is much more insulation than a kenai has though.
- the face fabric is pretty dense, and soft, but you can tell it’s a bit less open than what Kuiu uses on the kenai series. It isn’t super shiny, fairly matte.
- it would have to be a fairly chilly day to hike in this thing. There’s a few days in rifle season this year I wore a brooks down sweater all day just to keep warm, and this would fit that bill a lot better, but again way warmer.
- hood has the single pull point SG design - what’s odd is the stretch cord isn’t connected, it’s separated into two pulls, one for each side. I’m sure there’s a reason for this, they just don’t dive into those details in a catalog or the website. Reminds me of FL turrent design, which again is a good thing.
- the cuffs are really nice, and very articulated sleeves like all the SG stuff, and longer length than a Kuiu or Sitka piece.

Hope that helps if you’re considering picking one up - much different than any synthetic I’ve owned. Windy today so we’ll see how it does out and about.
image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg