Stone Glacier 2022 Clothing

ive been using the enduro hoody quite a bit on hikes since ive got it. Probably have 7 good days in it. Im really like it. I wasnt washing it either just to see how it handled the stink, and i was pretty impressed with how well it didnt stink up. Not as good as merino obviously but the Polygiene does work. The shirt has a different feel than most hunting company tops ive used, not like a sitka core series, feels light a tight woven cotten shirt, but it isnt cotton. Reminds me of one of my wifes lululemon workout tops. Super comfortable, usable thumb loops due to the long sleeves. Its a keeper for me!
got mine last week and this is a great description. will try and put it through the paces in the next couple weeks. im 6'0 215 and wear XL in kuiu and sitka base layers and this fits perfect

ShreckIII

FNG
I have both and the LPP has been relegated to camp and truck duty. I much prefer the Cirque for field use.
Which do you think is warmer, or are they about the same? I see what you mean about using the cirque over the LPP for field use.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have several pieces from SG to test out this year. One of the most surprising pieces is the Chinook Merino LS Crew. I have tried lots of base layers, and most suck for my use. I am a one baselayer guy for a one-day hunt or a fifteen-day hunt. I sweat a lot and I stink, anything pure synthetic is out, polygiene or not. I spend around a hundred days a year sweating into one base layer, so you learn quickly if it's going to work or not. When First Lite came out with Aerowool I didn't think I would find anything better. But I have to say I think the Chinook has all the things I love about Aerowool but seems to dry a little faster.

I just received my SG M7 jacket and pants today. I thought I’d be sending them back because everything I had read indicated they might be too heavy. But they’re not too heavy and can easily be rolled up and forgot about into your pack. Plenty light but TOUGH. Just the pieces I needed to be done with my clothing for this and upcoming years hunts. Will be doing Alaska soon and will be glad to have these in my pack.

I recently stopped by their store and picked up a DeHaviland jacket. Their XL fit me perfectly and I am 5'11 220#. I do not have experience with the older model however the 2022 cut helps this former athlete/early 40's/moderate dad bod hybrid out!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Which do you think is warmer, or are they about the same? I see what you mean about using the cirque over the LPP for field use.
I think the SG is warmer simply because it fits better overall. The LPP is mostly overpriced hype, it's not garbage but it's certainly not worthy of its price tag or reputation in my experience.

slowelk

WKR
I think the SG is warmer simply because it fits better overall. The LPP is mostly overpriced hype, it's not garbage but it's certainly not worthy of its price tag or reputation in my experience.

Agree. It turns you into a marshmallow and keeps you warm for the first couple of hunts, then quickly declines/flattens into a mediocre, heavy piece.

I like the pit zips on the cirque, but not sure if it's worth trying over the sitka aerolite hoody I bought last year. On the surface, the aerolite should be warmer, but not as good as an active layer.

I haven't tried the aerolite, but I like the Cirque for active use and really packing on the warmth under a puffy while glassing. I'm going to AK next year and I think that the synthetic will be a good choice for those conditions also.

TheTone

WKR
Saw some gloves that seem to be a future product. Looked like they might not have a velcro cuff which I would love