Stone Glacier 2022 Clothing

schmalzy

WKR
Ive worn it next to skin as well with a thin base layer tshirt. Super comfortable shirt. I wanted to bring it for an august sheep hunt but itll be a tad warm for that.

That’s specifically what I’d use it for, good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased the Grumman Down Jacket in an XL. First impressions are that it’s incredibly light and seems to be very warm. Very impressed with it. However, the only issue I have is that the bottom of jacket is very narrow at the hips/butt. Is this done on purpose? Otherwise it fits perfectly and I don’t want to size up to a XXL just for hip space. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue.

I purchased the Grumman Down Jacket in an XL. First impressions are that it’s incredibly light and seems to be very warm. Very impressed with it. However, the only issue I have is that the bottom of jacket is very narrow at the hips/butt. Is this done on purpose? Otherwise it fits perfectly and I don’t want to size up to a XXL just for hip space. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue.
Every outerwear top I've had from SG fits the same way. Maybe some day they'll figure out that most people don't have a 28" waist and size their tops accordingly.

Sorry to keep bumping this thread but I have a Helio Hoody and Synthetic Hoody coming in the mail as well. Didn’t see a hole lot of info on them in this thread but I’m curious if anyone has any opinions on them? I have a November Montana and Colorado mule deer hunt and want to make sure I have my layering system dialed.

JAM7

FNG
Has anyone picked up the black label Grumman jacket? Does it fit the same way as the normal Grumman? I’m trying to decide if the extra cost for black label is worth the extra perks that come with it.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did acquire the black label version and like it and believe the sizing to be the same as the standard colors,

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Has anyone picked up the black label Grumman jacket? Does it fit the same way as the normal Grumman? I’m trying to decide if the extra cost for black label is worth the extra perks that come with it.
I think it is exactly the same, fit wise.

slowelk

WKR
How did this perform?

It has been solid. My comparison basis is the Sitka Core Lw hoodie, and I prefer SGs durability - it hasn't pilled at all, but it doesn't breathe or dry nearly as well as the LW hoodie - still dries well, just not as well. I feel better about wearing the SG as a stand-alone layer than the Sitka, as my early season involves a lot of brush busting, but I will still choose the Sitka as a later season base layer due to how fast it dries out.

In terms of fit, I prefer the SG. I wear a Large in SG and a LT in Sitka, the SG is not nearly as form-fitting, and it has more stretch.

If I didn't have either and was looking for a do-all synthetic base or stand-alone, I would buy the SG for the versatility vs the Sitka.

*edited to add fit info and fix phrasing.

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
It has been OK. My comparison basis is the Sitka Core Lw hoodie, and I prefer SGs durability - it hasn't pilled at all, but it doesn't breathe or dry nearly as well as the LW hoodie. I feel better about wearing it as a stand-alone layer than the Sitka, as my early season involves a lot of brush busting, but I will still choose the Sitka as a later season base layer due to how fast it dries out.

Don't get me wrong, the SG still breathes well and dries quickly, just not as well as the Sitka. It will certainly not hinder your hunt in any way.
Thanks a bunch!

schmalzy

WKR
It has been solid. My comparison basis is the Sitka Core Lw hoodie, and I prefer SGs durability - it hasn't pilled at all, but it doesn't breathe or dry nearly as well as the LW hoodie - still dries well, just not as well. I feel better about wearing the SG as a stand-alone layer than the Sitka, as my early season involves a lot of brush busting, but I will still choose the Sitka as a later season base layer due to how fast it dries out.

In terms of fit, I prefer the SG. I wear a Large in SG and a LT in Sitka, the SG is not nearly as form-fitting, and it has more stretch.

If I didn't have either and was looking for a do-all synthetic base or stand-alone, I would buy the SG for the versatility vs the Sitka.

*edited to add fit info and fix phrasing.

My experience with both has been pretty much the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sr80

WKR
Thats good to hear. You like it better than sitka core lt wt hoody?
I like em both a lot, very similar experience that SLOWELK mentioned above. I would wear the core light as a base layer and as well as layer over a base layer tshirt. The enduro i rather wear over base layer tshirt kind of a mid layer. But i have worn the enduro on its own and have no complaints, just the core light dries faster.

Deerfield

Lil-Rokslider
What’s the fit like on the Grumman pants? I wear a 34 pant so I fall right on the line between a M and L. Wondering which way I should go while keeping in consideration layering.