Stone Glacier and Kifaru

Greenhorn

FNG
I used the Stone Glacier Solo a little this past summer. Solid pack and Kurt knows what he's doing. I didn't get a chance to really load it down, just weekend trip. Two of my friends used them on a hunt I was on and seemed to really like them.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I worry about you Mike:) I do remember the conversation now. I have talked so much about gear the last 6 days my brain hurts. Don't judge me!! :)

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have seen both packs now and can't wait to see the reviews. I am sure Matt will beat the hell out of both of them.

bighouse31

Lil-Rokslider
It takes less than a minute to access the load sling. Detach the top two load lifter staps and lift the bag of the top of the stays. Then loosen the three compression straps on each side (4 on each side of the Terminus). Then there are two straps on the back side of the frame that you disconnect. Reconnect the secondary load lifter straps on top.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
PnT,

It looks like I won't be getting the Kifaru until the first week of February. My target is to have the review up by late February or early March.

If Stone Glacier beats Kifaru in this review does that mean there will be a bunch of lightly used bikini/highcamp packs show up in the classified section?

Either way, I am looking forward to this review since I am in the market for a new pack myself. They both seem like very nice packs

a3dhunter

WKR
If Stone Glacier beats Kifaru in this review does that mean there will be a bunch of lightly used bikini/highcamp packs show up in the classified section?

I don't think its about one beating the other, just a comparison of two quality packs and the benefits for different hunting situations.

sk1

WKR

Either way, I am looking forward to this review since I am in the market for a new pack myself. They both seem like very nice packs

most likely not, and like already stated not really a competition to begin with. i say no to kifaru packs in the classifieds because i know their fit for me is incredible, until that changes you won't see me stray to another brand and chance that theirs fits the same or better

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think its about one beating the other, just a comparison of two quality packs and the benefits for different hunting situations.

This is it. I am approaching this as a comparison review, and not a contest. I hope to provide Roksliders with information, including my own opinions, so they can make their own decisions.

I know it isn't a competition, I was joking because how all the timberline packs went up for sale after the bikini was introduced. I know different features appeal to different people.

dotman

WKR
It sure would be great to see SG pickup a banner or something, you know so this great site continues on :). Seem to be a ton of interest from roksliders so would probably be a good investment.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Anyone else on here besides BB try or have the SG pack? Really interested in it, but there's not many individual comments floating around the net about the pack.

I have used it for a week of deer hunting, but I was day hunting and not really "backpack hunting" so can't comment too much and only had to carry a deer a 1/4 mile in it.. That said I think Kurt beat out atleast 95% of the hunting pack market with his first ever pack he's brought to market. Pretty damn impressive really. I'm surprised more Mystery Ranch NICE owners aren't giving these a try yet as the straight back profile felt pretty similar to me, but the waist belts rode differently. Overall great packs for sure and I wouldn't hesitate to suggest someone buy them at all in the limited use I had with it.

blb078

WKR
I have used it for a week of deer hunting, but I was day hunting and not really "backpack hunting" so can't comment too much and only had to carry a deer a 1/4 mile in it.. That said I think Kurt beat out atleast 95% of the hunting pack market with his first ever pack he's brought to market. Pretty damn impressive really. I'm surprised more Mystery Ranch NICE owners aren't giving these a try yet as the straight back profile felt pretty similar to me, but the waist belts rode differently. Overall great packs for sure and I wouldn't hesitate to suggest someone buy them at all in the limited use I had with it.

Thx luke, in the 1/4 mile trip, how much weight you think you had in it?