Stone glacier approach 2800

dapesche

WKR
I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of your buckle set up so I can better understand the idea.

if you have time.

thank you.

I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of your buckle set up so I can better understand the idea.

if you have time.

thank you.
He just put female buckles right here. (I didnt even realize that what what these were for)
So that way you can run your straps all the way across the front of the bag or just over this section to secure a tripod or something. Like the old 1800 only had buckles at this location. The 2800 has them on the far right of the bag AND the parts circled in red.
1646324744967.png

Does anyone know if you can add a top lid to this bag? It seems to have about everything I'm looking for, but I'd like a lid as well. @BoltActionBrotherhood ? Thanks
When I run this bag on TOP of for 40/56 bag, I can use a lid on it. but trust me when I say you dont need a lid nore would ou want one with this pack, it would make getting into the main compartment a PITA.
I used this pack in three different states, and never needed a lid, plenty of room and everything is easily accessible. I use the spotting scope pocket like a lid pocket most of the time if I dont have a spotter in there.
But when you open the back up there is those two big zippered pockets in there for organized storage etc.
For day hunts just the bag is all you need even if you over pack your bag like me.
Again a cool feature about this bag is in the future if you end up buying a bigger SG bag, you can always run this bag over the other bag like the access bag.

When I run this bag on TOP of for 40/56 bag, I can use a lid on it. but trust me when I say you dont need a lid nore would ou want one with this pack, it would make getting into the main compartment a PITA.
I used this pack in three different states, and never needed a lid, plenty of room and everything is easily accessible. I use the spotting scope pocket like a lid pocket most of the time if I dont have a spotter in there.
But when you open the back up there is those two big zippered pockets in there for organized storage etc.
For day hunts just the bag is all you need even if you over pack your bag like me.
Again a cool feature about this bag is in the future if you end up buying a bigger SG bag, you can always run this bag over the other bag like the access bag.
Good information, thank you. I'm not a multi-day backpacking hunter, day trips with a couple haul outs under my belt, looking to upgrade my Badlands 2800 and Badlands Super Day bags that I've had for awhile now.

Somewhat torn between the SG 2800 or Solo (I thought the Kiowa was the ticket until I realized it's internal frame/no separate load shelf), Exo 3200, or the SO Peregrine.

All seem like good options. I don't want it to get too big, likely the SG 2800 is enough - with a lid I would have no worries... hmmm.

Good information, thank you. I'm not a multi-day backpacking hunter, day trips with a couple haul outs under my belt, looking to upgrade my Badlands 2800 and Badlands Super Day bags that I've had for awhile now.

Somewhat torn between the SG 2800 or Solo (I thought the Kiowa was the ticket until I realized it's internal frame/no separate load shelf), Exo 3200, or the SO Peregrine.

All seem like good options. I don't want it to get too big, likely the SG 2800 is enough - with a lid I would have no worries... hmmm.
Dont forget you will also have the load shelf for that extra volume!

Dont forget you will also have the load shelf for that extra volume!
I just placed an order for the EXO 3200, a few more features and pockets which I like, also 20% off which helps to offset the 30% exchange rate to Canadian, SG is only offering free shipping which I found pretty disappointing for a BF sale. Thanks for the info though.

EmperorMA

WKR
Resurrecting an old thread with a few questions:

1. Is the side pocket big enough to hold a Nalgene bottle?

2. Is the side pocket able to hold two fly rods in separate tubes?

3. Is the side pocket able to hold a rifle butt?

4. Is the smaller tripod pocket able to hold a single fly rod in its tube?

5. What add-on pockets work well on the hip belt (mine would be a size Large)?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Poser

WKR

So glad you posted this. I recently bought a SG setup with the Col 4800 + the 900 accessory bag. My plan was to use that combo through Oct and then get a larger bag for late season hunts. (I’ve been using an Exo 3500/5500 combo for the last 9 years). That being said, I believe the 2800 bag combined with the 4800 would be way more versatile for me since I’d have a day hunt bag (I like to use smaller vs larger bags) and I only need a “big” bag for kate season.

If you are doing a full load out, does the weight get too far away from your body/too horizontally bulky of a pack? Obviously, you want to limit the attachment bag to lighter gear/clothes, but seems like you’d end up with a haybail on your back vs adding some vertical volume.