Stone Glacier around Denver?

sndmn11

WKR
I am new here, but have enjoyed reading the information that you folks have shared for a while.
I am wondering if anybody in the Denver/Littleton/West Maetro area has a Stone Glacier X Curve frame and would be willing to let me try it on? I would be a medium belt if I can be picky.
I currently have a Kifaru Siwash that I have owned for probably 10 years or more. When I purchased it I hunted a decent amount, but haven't for the past handful of years. I will be returning to the mountains this fall, and have seen that Kifaru and Stone Glaceier (among others) have solved my biggest complaint with what I currently have: When packing out meat, my Siwash only leaves me the option of putting the meat in the cargo chair and leaving what I had in the pack, or putting my meat in the bag and moving what was in there to the cargo chair. In the past I had opted for the former so I don't drop any items, and while it worked, it was off balance and needed a lot of cordage to secure properly. The concept of a load between the bag and frame seems to be what I am wanting.
Kifaru is a few blocks from my work, and the Reckoning and Woodsman have my interest.
With all the information I have read about Stone Glacier, it would be nice to be able to see how the frame fits me. The Avail pack has caught my eye being that it can be converted from a frame pack to an internal frame pack, to just a shoulder strap version. I fly fish religiously, and having a frameless pack I can throw a puffy/rain coat, snacks, and an extra spool in a dry bag for when I am in Cheesman or far from the car would be great and help me justify the cost of a new pack. It would also be nice for extra layers and food at the many Rockies and Broncos game I go to. I wish Stone Glacier offered a pack that can convert the same that were a little larger, or that the option was available from Kifaru.
So, if anyone would be willing to let me buy them lunch and try on their X Curve, please let me know. Also, if anyone has an idea of what would be a fair price for me to sell my Siwash would be if I decide to replace it, I would be appreciative.

bobhunts

WKR
Kifaru has the Nomad bag on sale for 30% off right now! Take your frame and this new bag at a discount and enjoy! I believe this will solve your problem.

mvmnts

WKR
I have a Sky 5900 XCurve w/ medium belt. I'll be there first of July if you don't find someone before then :D

Don't have anything to compare it to, this is my first hunting pack. I got mine a month ago, never really hauled big weight before and threw 30 lbs in the pack, felt great . Moved up to a 50lb bag of concrete. My body was panicking, but felt "comfortable", but I needed to train with it more. Last week, I put the pack and the concrete in, total of 85lbs. Similar panic to before, but overall, nothing uncomfortable persay, just need to get stronger.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Thanks for the reply.
I actually ordered the Sky 5900 and Xcurve medium yesterday. I found it in stock at Mountain Archery and they told me to give it a try for 20 days and that I could return it with no restocking fee if I didn't like it, left the tags on, it was in condition for resale. Should be here tomorrow.
With Kifaru right up the road, it should give me the opportunity for a decent comfort comparison. On paper, I like the SG bag design a lot better than Kifaru, SG is cheaper ([Reckoning]tax w/Kifaru), and there is a slight difference in weight. My hope is that I can take the weight I use to test the SG over to Kifaru and get the best real world apples to apples comparison of fit for me.
I suppose the original reason for my post has flipped now. If anyone around here wants to take me to lunch and try this incoming SG frame in the next two weeks, let me know.