Stone Glacier Avail...Anyone run this as a daypack on the Evo/XCurve?

huntcoop

WKR
Following this - im attracted to the avail because i could run it without the frame.

I agree with everything above. I was looking at the 5900, but you have to buy it with the generic lid - i think it would be sweet to use the hydro lid. Then you've got your bladder, and you can attach shoulder straps and run just the lid as a scouting pack
Call SG, those boys are incredibly accommodating, they will swap out the regular lid for a hydro lid.

cssmith85

FNG
I just picked up an EVO 40/56. It looks like it compresses down a bit in bivy mode and will be good for both day and multi-day.

I know this is an older thread, but Im considering the Avail for carrying my platform and sticks. I already have an X Curve and 6900 pack for multi day trips….would like to have the Avail on my X Curve for saddle hunting day trips (deer or bear) in the N Ga mountains. Packing out is the best option for me and the areas that I hunt.
Also, has anybody ever put an access bag on an avail to increase storage space?
It says an access bag will fit on any SG bag, just curious if it fits an Avail too.

Last edited:

Lowg08

WKR
I know this is an older thread, but Im considering the Avail for carrying my platform and sticks. I already have an X Curve and 6900 pack for multi day trips….would like to have the Avail on my X Curve for saddle hunting day trips (deer or bear) in the N Ga mountains. Packing out is the best option for me and the areas that I hunt.
Also, has anybody ever put an access bag on an avail to increase storage space?
It says an access bag will fit on any SG bag, just curious if it fits an Avail too.
I actually used the same set up. X curve, avail and access bag. It works out really well. Nice set up.