Stone Glacier Bino Harness: A Poem

OP
Appalaskan

Appalaskan

Lil-Rokslider
Is the actual material waterproof, and approx. how big are the side pockets, like big enough for a Garmin Mini
My understanding is that the material itself is waterproof. Not sure about the pockets. I should have one in my hands soon and will check it out.

Sadler

WKR
I downloaded the app just to see what all the fuss was about. I’ll stick with marsupial. But hey, at least they’re trying right....

rm06

WKR
As a self-avowed gear junkie, I just pulled the trigger on one of these with the rangefinder pocket. I'm looking forward to getting my mitts on it.

I'll post my thoughts on it afterward.

prm

WKR
Another gear whore here... I’ve tried a lot of bino harnesses. These intrigue me, a little different in the design and I appreciate that. No magnets, appear to seal well for dust and debris, and they adjust in size.

Rick M.

WKR
Anyone have any pros/cons for this yet? I just received the new fully-enclosed harness from Marsupial but am still intrigued by the SG design.

Sako300

WKR
So, I tested the Stone Glacier binocular harness all thanksgiving vacation glassing and hiking for bucks. I used 12x50els. It will be bit snug but fully functional on the 12x50 models. Swarovski and Leica! Extremely comfortable! I think 9 oz, lightweight, and is truly a one handed Bino harness. The Best thing I noticed about this harness was that my focus wheel on my alpha Swarovski and Leica’s never got turned! So, never had to readjust after pulling them out on hikes or driving around! Very comfortable, easy to adjust, truely one handed, and can be used on many makes and models! I will be running it on a late December mule deer archery hunt! I’ve had Sitka,kuiu, Alaska guide creations, badlands, etc. I will say it protects about 95% of the 12x50s. There is a small gap from the lid closure and main pouch!

So, I tested the Stone Glacier binocular harness all thanksgiving vacation glassing and hiking for bucks. I used 12x50els. It will be bit snug but fully functional on the 12x50 models. Swarovski and Leica! Extremely comfortable! I think 9 oz, lightweight, and is truly a one handed Bino harness. The Best thing I noticed about this harness was that my focus wheel on my alpha Swarovski and Leica’s never got turned! So, never had to readjust after pulling them out on hikes or driving around! Very comfortable, easy to adjust, truely one handed, and can be used on many makes and models! I will be running it on a late December mule deer archery hunt! I’ve had Sitka,kuiu, Alaska guide creations, badlands, etc. I will say it protects about 95% of the 12x50s. There is a small gap from the lid closure and main pouch!

How about the waterproof material, have you had a chance to test that out at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sako300

WKR
Besides spilling some coffee on them no! But I would venture to say, a small waterproof shield would be needed with the few gaps on the harness and the actual material!

rm06

WKR
How about the waterproof material, have you had a chance to test that out at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kurt Racicot with SG addresses this directly on the SkyLine bino harness thread in the Gear forum

Sako300

WKR
Heck! I didn’t realize the bottom foam was adjustable inside for the objective lens! The 12x50 alphas now fit like a glove and are fully enclosed! Now I am really impressed! Now if mother nature would bring some weather!