Stone Glacier Chillkoot Sleeping Bag with Robby Denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Used that bag last week on my archery hunt. Too warm for those conditions but it packs down so small, it’s going every time. Only one night did I zip it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same here. 1st down bag I've ever owned, others have been synthetic fill. It's by far the hottest bag I've slept in. also the softest bag with plenty of room. Real glad I bought this one.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
same here. 1st down bag I've ever owned, others have been synthetic fill. It's by far the hottest bag I've slept in. also the softest bag with plenty of room. Real glad I bought this one.
I went back to the same place the next week, temperatures dropped 20 degrees and I was finally able to sleep in the bag with zipped up. It was still a little too warm though. And as you mentioned, it is soft.

Ronb

WKR
I notice that you are 5’9”. The bag is 6’4”. Is that a problem? Do you prefer it or wish it was the correct size. Seems like one could save some weight and get one 6’. Or is the extra length good???

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I notice that you are 5’9”. The bag is 6’4”. Is that a problem? Do you prefer it or wish it was the correct size. Seems like one could save some weight and get one 6’. Or is the extra length good???

Hi Ron
it wasn't a problem and I didn't even notice the extra length. Not sure why they don't offer it in a regular and a long, as ounce counters would appreciate the regular.

Not sure if you saw the written review or just listened to the podcast, but here it is. First bag was prototype, commercially available bag was tested towards the end. Hope that helps: